- iMore Beginner
- 97 Posts
Notifications for Text Messages
I don't know if this is native to CarPlay itself or my alpine ILX-007 unit. I'm not getting any kind of audible notification for text messages. At first I thought it was because of my Apple Watch, since notifications are forwarded to it and tap my wrist. But no. I turned off my watch as a test. Nothing. Unless I go back to the home screen and see there's a badge, I don't know when a message comes in. Any ideas?
- 07-28-2015, 07:00 AM #2
- 07-28-2015, 09:21 AM #3
- 11-16-2015, 03:15 AM #4iMore Newbie
- 17 Posts
Re: Notifications for Text Messages
I have the same head unit and I don't get any audible notification either - though I do get a "new message from..." pop up on screen (tap takes to messages). This is a bit counter-intuitive imo - not sure if that's a carplay thing in general or Alpine's implementation of it. I'd have thought a "bong" followed by "hey siri.... read new messages" would have been the best/safest way to do things.
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 2Last Post: 08-04-2015, 10:03 AM
- By iMore Question in forum General Apple News & DiscussionReplies: 2Last Post: 07-27-2015, 06:39 PM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 07-27-2015, 05:51 PM
- By Evilguppy in forum General Apple News & DiscussionReplies: 4Last Post: 07-27-2015, 02:26 PM
- By iMore Question in forum General Apple News & DiscussionReplies: 1Last Post: 07-27-2015, 11:07 AM