Does album art display when a song is playing?

RubberChicken76

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
For those that have tried CarPlay, wondering if album artwork displays when you play a song from your music collection?

In looking at the youtube reviews, the artwork seems to show when a song is selected but not when it actually plays. Is it a customizable option?

I'm one of those anal retentive people that likes me some album art.

Bigeric23

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
I've gathered--from numerous reviews--that most implementations of CarPlay are done differently--depending on the manufacturer. So . . . the way cover art is displayed (or not) could be different from car/device to car/device.

RubberChicken76

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
I've gathered--from numerous reviews--that most implementations of CarPlay are done differently--depending on the manufacturer. So . . . the way cover art is displayed (or not) could be different from car/device to car/device.

Interesting. I'm surprised Apple would allow the manufacturer to customize so much. Normally that isn't their thing.

I did see one video that showed a really faded cover in the background.

dlopes6

Aug 4, 2014
Visit site
The album artwork is displayed while in the Now Playing view but it is very blurry and darked. You can make out the artwork but I believe Apple purposely does this so the driver is less distracted while they are driving.

muchmaligned

Nov 10, 2015
Visit site
Yep, like @dlopes6 says. They're all displayed in the same way in CarPlay. Looks cool.
eb6b2e24bafdf7bd0eb0f9955ea1d2a3.jpg

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods