iMessage and Enterprise

anon(4697585)

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
Personally I think that iMessage is more of an iPad and iPod thing rather then iPhone. Why do I need to send messages over data when I have unlimited texts on my plan (as do most of the UK) and a work phone I don't pay for anyway!

We use 15 iPads in meeting rooms built in to the desk so they can easily share documents and photos of projects. This is even more popular when using our Video Conferencing (VC) equipment to chat with users in other offices or during presentations. We imagine having iMessage on all of these iPads would increase the flow of meetings and productivity with its ability to send photos and videos all from one app.

However, having iMessage on their iPhones is expected to go unnoticed especially with our less technical colleagues. Their current tag line is 'Who cares how it gets there, as long as it does'

I plan to personally over see the update to iOS 5 on these iPads on launch day but we want to try a test group of users before hitting the iPhone!

What do you all think? Would love to know how other administrators plan on using the new iOS in an enterprise environment or what you think will change in the workplace with iOS5.

Thanks

imwjl

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
Funny to look at this as 6 years old. Now iPhone is quite an enterprise device but there's competition in chat-based space.

In our enterprise Microsoft Teams is popular because it does so much.

Desktop to mobile device chat is a big thing.