How do you read Magazines?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Folks,

I've asked variations of this question before, in particular with books. Many people prefer paper books while others love those kindles. Well another thing we can do on our Kindle device, OR phone, OR tablet is read magazine. Via Kindle, Google's Magazine app, OR the fine Zinio magazine app. And there ARE others. And of course you can still go to the brick and mortar book store or newsstand and buy paper magazines.

I USED to prefer paper, but I am really taking to magazines on my devices. Primarily my iPad Pro 9.7 which is THE perfect size for magazines. I also use my phones. The app I am using is a special version of Zinio called Zinio for Libraries which lets you "borrrow" magazines free of charge. While they don't have everything, they have an excellent selection.

So what do you all think? Paper or plastic? lol

anon(9602380)

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site
I love paper. I'm a manager for a very large printing company that does publications. Well needless to say I have access to many various magazines. I am old school an just enjoy the feel of a magazine in my hand.

brian_84

Nov 22, 2016
Visit site
Maybe it's nostalgia but I still like to have a few magazines on my coffee table to flick through. They also don't hurt your eyes after staring at them for an hour :yes:

Matty

Trusted Member
May 24, 2014
Visit site
I love paper. I'm a manager for a very large printing company that does publications. Well needless to say I have access to many various magazines. I am old school an just enjoy the feel of a magazine in my hand.
As a service to the town I live in. We get 1 free newspaper every week which contains not only a bunch of local news but also a lot of averts from various stores that contain all sort of different specials. 😃

I always enjoy reading all the tech specials and also picking out all the spelling and specification errors haha. When they say an iPhone 5s has a 13mp camera you know something is wrong. Quite entertaining. So definitely paper for me.

imwjl

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
A subscription I have changed from paper to Zinio a few years ago or at least two years ago.

Prime has magazine lending.

The two started my reading some magazines in electronic format. The quality and size of Max phone make it even better.

vimagreg

Jun 29, 2014
Visit site
I’m a PressReader subscriber, because I like to read foreign magazines and newspapers. So that’s the way I read nowadays.

For books I read both paper and ebooks.

Yes, I read a lot

Wotchered

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
Never was a great magazine reader, I always objected to the ratio of adverts to content, have a look at Yachting Monthly for corroboration ! I have never tried to read one online. Most of my reading today is on iPad because I can alter the print size as I get tired.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711