Read any good Books lately?

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Folks,

Our devices, iPhones, iPads etc are great as e-readers with the use of ibooks and Kindle software (and others). PLUS some of us still use old fashion paper books too! SO what are you reading these days? Read any good books you want to turn us on to?

I have been reading the Bill Hodges Trilogy by Stephen King, Mr Mercedes, Finders Keepers, and (currently) End of Watch. WHEW what a read, or reads! These books and King in general really knows how to keep you engaged and interested! Part murder mystery, part horror, part drama, and a bit of comic relief thrown in, makes for some VERY good story telling!

So what about you all? What do YOU dig?

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Trying to keep religion out of the forums, but I would say some of the stories in the Bible has caught my attention lately.

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
Several years ago I was really big into geocaching (https://www.geocaching.com/play/search). Then I came across puzzle caches. Unfortunately my brain doesn't do puzzles very easily so I came across the book How To Puzzle Cache by Cully Long:

images.jpg

While I'm not really into geocaching anymore, I'm in the middle of reading this book. It's really applying more to things I come across in my daily activities.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I've gotten away from reading, and miss it. I have several books "in progress" on my kindle app. I need to get back to that! There's nothing like getting caught up in a really good book!

imwjl

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
Lately?

1. It’s Better Than It Looks - Reasons For Optimism In An Age Of Fear by Gregg Easterbrook.
  2. Fantasyland HOW AMERICA WENT HAYWIRE: A 500-YEAR HISTORY by Kurt Andersen

Next up is Enlightenment Now by Steven Pinker.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I recently finished reading “Enemy of the State” by Vince Flynn. I really enjoy his books and the Mitch Rapp character. It’s a good read, in my opinion....

Next up will be “Split Second” by Douglas E. Richards.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Yesterday morning, I started reading the book, “Split Second” by Douglas E. Richards via my Kindle Paperwhite and it’s downright awesome, in my opinion. More than likely, I’ll have finished reading it sometime tonight or NLT tomorrow morning.
990b6b564bf9cc18915f1c26fee05e44.jpg

Last edited:

Wotchered

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
I have read Jonathan Kellerman’s “Night Moves”,Anne Hillerman’s “Song of the Lion”,Lee Child’s” Past Tense,among others this week.I most enjoyed “Winter’s Lament” by Robin Roughley.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I’ll start reading “Ready To Kill” by Andrew Peterson sometime this afternoon. I’ve read the previous books in this series a few years back and they were all excellent reading material.

85c41b50f5944fbfc6c7d2aa2d33c393.jpg

Blevort

Jan 28, 2019
Visit site
I only read books in my free time. But lately I have no free time. This is work and study. By the way, I recently needed a book report help, so I ordered it https://uk.edubirdie.com/ here. This is a good service for busy students. Has anyone used such writers help?

Last edited:

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I only read books in my free time. But lately I have no free time. This is work and study. By the way, I recently needed a book report help

Like you, I just don't have time, which is too bad, because I love reading a good book. I think I'm going to have to make myself find the time!

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Like you, I just don't have time, which is too bad, because I love reading a good book. I think I'm going to have to make myself find the time!

Same here. I had time during the Christmas and New Year holidays, but now I'm swamped again with all of these projects at work. I am off on weekends, but heck, I need those two days to recoup. Still, when the times changes again in the spring, I always seem to get a boost of energy. I return to running/exercising so I'm sure I'll be able to fit in some time to read some good books.

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Lately I have been using Audible and listening to my books. They have this feature that lets you receive 2 free "Audible Originals" per month, from a selection of 5 to 7. I have found some real gems, such as "The Last Days of August" and "The Man on the Mountaintop"

konver911

Mar 19, 2019
Visit site
There are a lot of interesting books out there. Now I am reading the Shelter Island.
Also, I can strongly recommend you this book and fight club as well because there are a lot of interesting metaphors there. As a essay writer, i can easely say this books are really good.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW