bell mobility and virgin mobile the same?

mohawk apple

May 4, 2012
Visit site
im using a bell iphone 4s and i went out and bought my daughter a iphone 5 today from virgin mobile canada,just wondering if its possible to trade phones if i went to bell and got a nano sim, or do both phones have to be unlocked? i called bell today and asked them and they said there not sure and said im just going to have to try for my self and see if it works!
so i guess i will be heading to bell tomorrow for a nano sim and see if it works,
thanks

Last edited:

iloveJon07

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
Yes they totally are the same. You can go out get a nano sim and put it in the phone and they will work. Of course there is a chance that it won't! But I have went and bought a phone from bell and put my virgin sim in and it worked twice. They are for sure the same. They tell you that it may not work because they want you to buy the phone through them and not go out and buy there phone and use it for another company. Yes was told this by someone who works at bell.

avmsam

Aug 18, 2009
Visit site
im using a bell iphone 4s and i went out and bought my daughter a iphone 5 today from virgin mobile canada,just wondering if its possible to trade phones if i went to bell and got a nano sim, or do both phones have to be unlocked? i called bell today and asked them and they said there not sure and said im just going to have to try for my self and see if it works!
so i guess i will be heading to bell tomorrow for a nano sim and see if it works,
thanks

i'd test is first. yes bell owns virgin mobile and yes rogers owns fido and chatr and yes telus owns koodo but that doesn't mean the subsidiary companies use the same MNC. i know for a fact that Rogers and Fido still use their own unique MNC so you can't just swap phones between networks even though they operate under same network. i haven't tried with Bell and Virgin but i have a suspicion they are using the same MNC and you should be fine.

Last edited:

Cadence Kirby

Sep 13, 2014
Visit site
Yes you can use a virgin sim card in a locked Bell phone, I just purchased a brand new Samsung galaxy S5 through Kijiji and it was locked to Bell, I thought I was going to have to get it unlocked, but I popped in my Virgin Sim card and it activated right away, so I can confirm they are interchangeable as they are on the same MNC, not like Rogers or Fido as they use there own MNC!:biggrin::biggrin:

spantch101

Trusted Member
May 2, 2017
Visit site
Yea no Unlock needed between devices. I used to work for Wireless Wave and bell / virgin phones were interchangeable with sims

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2