Iphone On Bell Mobility?

BuddhistGirafe

Jul 7, 2009
Visit site
2 words. NEVER HAPPENING. At least not in Bell's current state. By 2011 or so they should have the GSM up and running, the best you could do then is get an unlocked one. But, much like AT&T, Rogers has exclusivity deals. I switched to Rogers, if you want the iPhone then I suggest you do the same or you could be waiting a hell of a long time.

Sbrocchi

Sep 30, 2009
Visit site
I was talking to an executive from Apple and he said sometime within the next 6-9 months, I was just wondering if anyone has heard anything else.

toomanyphones

Oct 14, 2008
Visit site
Never say never. O2 had an exclusive deal but by next year there will be 3 carriers in the UK. Bell Gsm service is expected to be up by next year and did Rogers/Fido had a deal or was it exclusive by default. I am not a fan od Bell, but I hope they get it since competition is helpful.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Rogers/Fido got the Iphone because Telus and Bell's network wasn't able to work with it atleast that's what I heard. I haven't heard anything about Bell but I heard Telus was supposed to be getting Iphones soon. I don't know how soon though.

pw52

Oct 3, 2009
Visit site
I keep hearing how Rogers has exclusivity deal on the iphone. If this was true why does a small GSM cell phone company in northen Ontario have the iphone??? It's WAY over priced though, no contracts. I have a contact with Bell and he has said that they dont have a list of HSDPA phones yet. Also, didnt Bell just sign a contract with AT&T for service in Canada? I hope the iphone will appear on Bell when they switch to HSDPA.
Dryden GSM xxx.dmts.biz replace the x with w

jamiestech

Oct 4, 2009
Visit site
I keep hearing how Rogers has exclusivity deal on the iphone. If this was true why does a small GSM cell phone company in northen Ontario have the iphone???

This is false. Rogers has an exclusivity deal on the iPhone in canada. There may be some 3rd party retailers that sell Unlocked iPhones with whatever this carrier's sim card. Rogers has exclusivity on the iPhone 3G and 3GS. Tellus will have their HSPA Network up and running some time later this year, but Bell is still TBA (Probably late 2010 or early 2011), where they will still not get the iPhone until the exclusivity deals run out. Unlike the Apple-AT&T relationship, Apple has no reason to want to get out of exclusivity with Rogers. Rogers has the best and fastest network in Canada and easily supports the stress the iPhone is putting on it. As much as I'd love the competition that the iPhone being on Tellus/Bell would bring, and the prices it would drive down, I just don't see it happening.

Sbrocchi

Sep 30, 2009
Visit site
This is false. Rogers has an exclusivity deal on the iPhone in canada. There may be some 3rd party retailers that sell Unlocked iPhones with whatever this carrier's sim card. Rogers has exclusivity on the iPhone 3G and 3GS. Tellus will have their HSPA Network up and running some time later this year, but Bell is still TBA (Probably late 2010 or early 2011), where they will still not get the iPhone until the exclusivity deals run out. Unlike the Apple-AT&T relationship, Apple has no reason to want to get out of exclusivity with Rogers. Rogers has the best and fastest network in Canada and easily supports the stress the iPhone is putting on it. As much as I'd love the competition that the iPhone being on Tellus/Bell would bring, and the prices it would drive down, I just don't see it happening.

I work for Bell and the new network will be up and running long before late 2010 and early 2011. Also, Rogers exclivity deal is contingent on them being the only GSM/HSPA network in Canada. With them no longer being the only one it is not impossible for other carriers to get it.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Just read a headline from a newspaper this morning regularly delivered to my workplace. Bell and Telus are about to get Iphones bringing competition to Rogers. So looks like the exclusivity is not so exclusive after all. I'll go read it to give some more info. Just excited about this :D

Edit
It was in The Globe and Mail, I tried to scan it but cut off a bit but the basic info is there :D

Last edited:

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2