How much data does internet downloads use?

I

iMore Question

i have a BlackBerry Leap, but im not sure what my data per month is..
iv been downloading tv episodes off my dropbox account and onto my phone.. only downloaded about 2 episodes, and i got a text from my service provider saying i had used up all my data.

How much data does downloads use? How much in comparison to BBM, and other internet surfing?

Branta

Retired Network Moderator
Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
For TVs episodes? A lot. Depends on the length of episode but you could be talking about hundreds of megabytes. Messaging apps are usually only a few hundred buttes for each message, so a single BBM or Whatscrap message is worth only a few seconds of TV

MaxSmarties

Mar 31, 2016
Visit site
Depends on the length and on the quality, a TV episode could take even Gigabytes.... Not a wise idea to download it via mobile network.

anon(9602380)

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site
Welcome to iMore!

Data usage can be huge when downloading any type of video, movie or TV show. I never try downloading anything like that over my mobile network. I have a very small data plan and just a single movie download will put me over my data plan. I use an app called Dataman to monitor my data usage. You may want to consider something like that if you are concerned.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2