BBM crashes after 7.0.3 Update

solitude1984

Sep 21, 2013
Visit site
Hey everyone,

I updated my OS to 7.0.3 not too long ago, and now if anyone sends me a pic on BBM or if I send anyone a pic on BBM it crashes. The problem is that it doesn't just crash once. It crashes every time I click on the person after the pic is sent. The only fix seems to be to delete the chat altogether (make sure you don't have "save chat history" on.

I sent a couple of pics earlier today (before updating my OS) and everything was fine.

Seems like we have a problem. :(

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Mine is still working properly after the update to 7.0.3. Try uninstalling and re-installing the app.

solitude1984

Sep 21, 2013
Visit site
Mine is still working properly after the update to 7.0.3. Try uninstalling and re-installing the app.

Just tried it, it didn't make a difference. The second I send a picture to someone it starts crashing as described above.

psiclne

Dec 31, 2011
Visit site
Having the same issue. Im afraid to uninstall the app as some of my friends had to wait for the "email" again.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
WOW what a shock....BBM is not working properly after an update. Deja vu just like the good or bad old days. Sure am glad I left BBM behind when I left BB behind. Moving on to iphone and iMessage just seems to work right and go together for me anyway. As I asked in an earlier post...I wonder the % of people that will drop it and uninstall in I give a week - 2 tops. :) I know this is going to be hit or miss but the mere fact that this thread was written makes me write this.

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Seems like sending a picture message crashes it. Sent on to my husband and crashed his and mine... Uninstalled and reinstalled seems to be ok now but I won't try pics again.

solitude1984

Sep 21, 2013
Visit site
Seems like sending a picture message crashes it. Sent on to my husband and crashed his and mine... Uninstalled and reinstalled seems to be ok now but I won't try pics again.

Yeah don't send pics until there is an update to the app because it will happen again - I know because I tried more than once.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
That is strange. I'm not experiencing that. I've been sending pictures and screenshots since last night after the update and no crashes at all.

I do have increased battery drain but that's because I've been on the phone all day, on BBM, with several people and BBM groups.

anon(3733516)

Nov 4, 2011
Visit site
Damn I tried reinstalling and it's making me wait for the email. When I downloaded it first I was able to just enter my old BBID and it worked right away :/

Sent from my iPhone 5s using iMore Forums mobile app

linsiris

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Yes, I tried sending an image to someone and I see the problem now. It crashes everytime I try to chat with the contact I sent the image to. Annoying bug! :-/

VaderPhone

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
@BBM on twitter said they are aware of the issue and a fix is on the way
guvezajy.jpg

Sent from my iPhone

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members