Anyone download BBM yet? Any battery issues?

NinerJet9

May 16, 2013
Visit site
I'm liking the interface but it seems I'm taking a hit in the battery on my iP5. Anyone noticing a faster drain? I'm also iOS 7.

curve1967

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Nope been using it since 3pm and I am still at 98%. Been running in the background when I am not actively using it.

john_v

Apr 20, 2010
www.vinniesphotos.blogspot.com
I noticed big time drain yesterday, but I had rejoined an old group, and it had a lot of chatterboxes, so there was constant notifications coming in. Leaving that group, plus the update, seems to have calmed down my battery drain.
The other thing I did was in Settings/General/Background App Refresh, turn off BBM. That definitely seems to have helped. Yesterday I was at the point of uninstalling, but doing the above seems to have settled things down.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Not sure yet, in regard to battery drain. I mean, I was on my iPhone a lot yesterday and I was using BBM quite a bit among other things like Tapatalk, Feeddler Pro, Pocket, Evernote, etcetera. I still had approximately 35% battery power remaining when I went to bed around midnight or so.

Fortheus

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
using LTE with BBM drain battery very fast. I loose 1% every 2-3 minutes. Normal usage with LTE is 10 hours (advertised) so rightfully it's should only consume 1% every 6 minutes.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nijolcreative