BBM Going Cross Platform - Will You Use It?

Will you be using BBM on iOS?

• Yes!

Votes: 9 36.0%
  • I'll give it a try, not sure if I will fully switch to it.

Votes: 8 32.0%
  • Nope.

Votes: 8 32.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

EauRouge

Trusted Member
Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
Nobody has a cross platform messaging app as good as BBM. It will become standard IMO. Its more featured than imessage, display pics etc.

Good OL MC

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
I will absolutely try it, but I doubt I'll be able to stick with it. Even just trying to get some friends who HAVE Gmail accounts (but no G+) to get in on Hangouts is proving futile. I can't even imagine getting them in to BBM when they already either have iPhones or Android phones and only want to use SMS/iMessage. Adoption is hard and people who don't love this stuff don't like trying new things.

I was really excited for BBM at first because it gave me a good shot at a real cross platform messaging option - but now with Hangouts fulfilling that need I'm not so gung ho.

miketko

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
You all will download and use bbm you'll see. Imessage is garbage compared. I've been a iphone and android user but no cross platform messaging app or imessage even comes close. Yes Ios is superior right now but you have to admit bbm is pretty slick. Don't hate. It's a free download

Les74

May 30, 2011
Visit site
You all will download and use bbm you'll see. Imessage is garbage compared. I've been a iphone and android user but no cross platform messaging app or imessage even comes close. Yes Ios is superior right now but you have to admit bbm is pretty slick. Don't hate. It's a free download

LOL!!!!!!

li2327

Jun 28, 2009
Visit site
I may try it out since I was a long time bb user. Even though most of my bb friends have left I still know a few that still swear by bb.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app

taz323

Mar 10, 2013
Visit site

Doubtful

Mr.Willie

Apr 17, 2013
Visit site
Last month when I still had a BlackBerry I only had one acquaintance on BBM. I didn't use it when I had a BB, why should I use it when I don't ?

It's not even out yet, and knowing BB it will randomly restart throughout the day.

Fixed that for you to make it more accurate. :)

GingerSnapsBack

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site

No. Actually I won't. Free or not I doubt I use it.

Mr.Willie

Apr 17, 2013
Visit site
Nobody has a cross platform messaging app as good as BBM. It will become standard IMO. Its more featured than imessage, display pics etc.

I use Voxer. It's just like talking on the phone almost. Wife and I have it on our iPads and I have it on my One. My adult children have it on whatever they are using at the time. Last time I checked, like most things it wasn't available on BB. And BBM is not a cross platform messaging app. At least not yet.

DStLouis

May 22, 2013
Visit site
I don't see BBM being any different than when I had it when I was a BB user and for the memories I had with it and the battery drain and constant on, For these reasons I will stick with the native iMessage - SMS service. I have no need for two different message services to serve my needs.

That's funny ... You don't see any need for two different services ...that's because you did not know what BBM capacities are.

In short, BBM is the most efficient instant messaging platform including group chat (that you should know), voice conversation, and now video conversation (newbies on OS10) all that with various integrated features (easy file transfer, screen sharing....) all that at no communication charges.
Its like merging iMessage, FaceTime apps + adding group chat, voice conversation, ++ extra features all seamlessly integrated within the same apps ...and definitively more stable then any other cross platform app.
Think about it, you will now only have one message services to serve all your needs and more.

kilcher

Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
So... Does BBM work like iMessage in that other people don't have to have it and it'll default to SMS? If so I'll probably use it, never tried it but it looks nice and people seem to love it. If not, and I can only communicate w/ people who have BBM then I won't have much use for it.

GingerSnapsBack

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
So... Does BBM work like iMessage in that other people don't have to have it and it'll default to SMS? If so I'll probably use it, never tried it but it looks nice and people seem to love it. If not, and I can only communicate w/ people who have BBM then I won't have much use for it.

​It doesn't work that way on the BBs so I doubt it works that way over cross platform messaging.

Apr 4, 2013
Visit site
Last month when I still had a BlackBerry I only had one acquaintance on BBM. I didn't use it when I had a BB, why should I use it when I don't ?

Fixed that for you to make it more accurate. :)

Wow you're so clever!...this thread is pointless. Like asking BB users if they'd use iMessage if it were cross platform. Some will some won't. If you can't look at stuff objectively these barbs at BB are childish.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Wow you're so clever!...this thread is pointless. Like asking BB users if they'd use iMessage if it were cross platform. Some will some won't. If you can't look at stuff objectively these barbs at BB are childish.

Do you mean like the way some blackberry fans are now trolling the iPhone boards and spewing their venom?

However, I do agree that the constant picking and trolling are childish...

eve6er69

Trusted Member
Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
I still own a BlackBerry. And I know of a lot of old BlackBerry people that are dying to try it out. They know the security crap that goes along with most 3rd party apps. Security is the 1 place where BlackBerry is not lacking in.

Sent from my game boy color

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73