Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Question

Default How much data does internet downloads use?

i have a BlackBerry Leap, but im not sure what my data per month is..
    iv been downloading tv episodes off my dropbox account and onto my phone.. only downloaded about 2 episodes, and i got a text from my service provider saying i had used up all my data.

How much data does downloads use? How much in comparison to BBM, and other internet surfing?

Default Re: How much data does internet downloads use?

For TVs episodes? A lot. Depends on the length of episode but you could be talking about hundreds of megabytes. Messaging apps are usually only a few hundred buttes for each message, so a single BBM or Whatscrap message is worth only a few seconds of TV
    iMore Pro

577 Posts

Depends on the length and on the quality, a TV episode could take even Gigabytes.... Not a wise idea to download it via mobile network.

Welcome to iMore!

Data usage can be huge when downloading any type of video, movie or TV show. I never try downloading anything like that over my mobile network. I have a very small data plan and just a single movie download will put me over my data plan. I use an app called Dataman to monitor my data usage. You may want to consider something like that if you are concerned.