BlackBerry Announces Voice, Channels, Easier Sharing, New Emoticons Are Coming to BBM App

meashishnd

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
BlackBerry has announced that Voice, Channels, easier sharing, and new emoticons are coming to BBM for iPhone and Android.

We?ve been working on some new ways to make it faster and easier to share with your BBM contacts. Whether it?s talking with BBM Voice, connecting over a BBM Channel, sending a quick photo, or even sharing your location, there?s more to BBM than just chatting.

Here are the new features coming to the BBM app:
1. BBM Voice for iPhone and Android
Free voice calls to any BBM contact anywhere in the world! Just another way that BBM helps to bring you together with people when you can?t be there in person ? without having to pay long distance charges.
158407.png

2. BBM Channels for iPhone and Android
BBM Channels are a great way to join conversations happening with the BBM community beyond your contact list. By creating your own channel you can start conversations sparked by your thoughts, ideas and passions. Subscribing to a BBM channel lets you join conversations with others who share your interests.
158410.png

3. Faster and easier sharing ? from photos to voice notes, your location and more
BBM chats happen fast ? so fast it?s like you?re there in the same room. Now you can share just about anything with that same speed. Share photos in a snap, send a voice note with just one touch and more. And get this, you can even share your location, live, for a limited time with any contact you choose. When the timer runs out your location is private again. Perfect for when you?re meeting up with friends, stuck in traffic or lost at a concert.
158413.png

4. Lots of new emoticons
We?ve got loads of new emoticons to help you make your point. 100 new emoticons in all!
Next up for BBM... - YouTube

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, I'm still using my Blackberry Z10 for BBM and those phone calls from people I don't want to have my main number....SMILE (until the contract runs out anyways)

meashishnd

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
BlackBerry Announces Over 40 Million New Users of BBM for iOS and Android

lackBerry has announced that it has registered over 40 million new users of BBM via its recently launched app for iOS and Android. The news was a highlight in its recent earnings release that reported a loss of $4.4 billion in the third quarter.

Over 40 million newly registered iOS/Android users in the last 60 days; more than a
dozen Android OEMs to preload BBM, including most recently LG; over 250,000 BBM Channels created by global user base since launch of BBM Channels on BlackBerry, including large brands such as Coke Indonesia and USA Today; BBM is the most secure mobile messaging service for use in regulated enterprises.

BlackBerry also announced numerous new features that coming to the app in 2014.

BlackBerry Guy

Trusted Member
Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
So is bbm gonna have video chat?
I read through the announcement a few times, and it doesn't sound like it'll have video chat in the upcoming release.

But did they announce when it's to be released? Until they do, it's rather meaningless....
I hate that about BlackBerry..."coming soon" has become somewhat of a running joke with them the last couple of years.

melbsteve

Jun 23, 2013
Visit site
I read through the announcement a few times, and it doesn't sound like it'll have video chat in the upcoming release.

I hate that about BlackBerry..."coming soon" has become somewhat of a running joke with them the last couple of years.

well the bbm guy in the mobile nations interview explains it's going to be 'very very soon'... if that's any indication :D

rayz336

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
Revisiting this thread, I'm hoping for a release by Saturday. I think it'd be great if they could get BBM 2.0 out by the SuperBowl and possibly run a short ad campaign to hype it up.

acadia11

Banned
Jan 4, 2014
Visit site
BlackBerry Announces Over 40 Million New Users of BBM for iOS and Android

lackBerry has announced that it has registered over 40 million new users of BBM via its recently launched app for iOS and Android. The news was a highlight in its recent earnings release that reported a loss of $4.4 billion in the third quarter.

Over 40 million newly registered iOS/Android users in the last 60 days; more than a
dozen Android OEMs to preload BBM, including most recently LG; over 250,000 BBM Channels created by global user base since launch of BBM Channels on BlackBerry, including large brands such as Coke Indonesia and USA Today; BBM is the most secure mobile messaging service for use in regulated enterprises.

BlackBerry also announced numerous new features that coming to the app in 2014.

They lost about 250 million. 4.4 billion they'd be bankrupt, they took a 3.5 billion write down on inventory that was expected to sell and did not, over 9 months that bb10 had launched. That's very different from actually losing 4.4 billion dollars in 1 quarter.

Sent from my iPad using iMore Forums mobile app