BBM Channels, BBM Voice and location sharing coming for iOS

BlackBerry Guy

Trusted Member
Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
The Android version of BBM with these features was released as a beta to a limited group today. Hopefully this means an official version for both iOS and Android isn't far behind...

rayz336

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
The Android version of BBM with these features was released as a beta to a limited group today. Hopefully this means an official version for both iOS and Android isn't far behind...

That's certainly the hope. I really hope it's within a two week time frame.

anon(153966)

Jul 13, 2008
Visit site
I think before BlackBerry and BBM get too carried away with BBM4ALL they need to get the simple delivery and receiving of messages to iOS and Android right.

Once done, they can offer more and more features. Delivery and receiving of messages over BBM on iOS and Android is VERY inconsistent. Even more so on international data traffic. But BlackBerry BBM to BlackBerry BBM is always virtually instantaneous.

Yep, true story. I've been testing for months...

rayz336

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
I think before BlackBerry and BBM get too carried away with BBM4ALL they need to get the simple delivery and receiving of messages to iOS and Android right.

Once done, they can offer more and more features. Delivery and receiving of messages over BBM on iOS and Android is VERY inconsistent. Even more so on international data traffic. But BlackBerry BBM to BlackBerry BBM is always virtually instantaneous.

Oh ok, I haven't had any issues with sending or receiving BBMs on any of my devices

BlackBerry Guy

Trusted Member
Mar 4, 2011
Visit site

I think it may have something to do with whether or not the app is being left open in the background on iOS and Android. On a BlackBerry, BBM is baked right into the OS, whereas on the other OSs it's not.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

anon(153966)

Jul 13, 2008
Visit site
Good point. And in my case, I typically keep the app running in the background. Others may not. I guess I like the simplicity when using BBM on my Z10...

I think it may have something to do with whether or not the app is being left open in the background on iOS and Android. On a BlackBerry, BBM is baked right into the OS, whereas on the other OSs it's not.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

brooklyndon2911

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site

Amen to that.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh