How do you change the ringtone for BBM?

cgr1971

Mar 6, 2013
Visit site
I have an iPhone 5 and am running the latest updates for iOS 7 and BBM. I feel pretty silly for having to ask this question, but I can't figure out how to change the ringtone for BBM. I have looked all through settings and also the app settings within the app. Anyone figured this out yet? I can't be as difficult as I am making it....:confused:

Mcwong

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
Was informed by support.crackberry the iPhone bbm ringtone is bundled in the app and can't be changed. Doesn't make sense as the iPhone is not usually in a holster unlike a BB phone. The ringtone is too soft n short. Even the ping shares the same inaudible tone !

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Was informed by support.crackberry the iPhone bbm ringtone is bundled in the app and can't be changed. Doesn't make sense as the iPhone is not usually in a holster unlike a BB phone. The ringtone is too soft n short. Even the ping shares the same inaudible tone !

BlackBerry, apparently, knows best.

cgr1971

Mar 6, 2013
Visit site
Wow, what a dissapointment. I actually use my z10 holster with my iPhone, it is always in the holster. I have a difficult time hearing the ringtone for BBM. Blackberry really didn't think this out very well.

Mcwong

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
At least you can feel the vibrations in a holster but in a ladies handbag ? My wife never responds to my BBM msg so I have to Whatsapp her.
On Android the ringtone can be customized, I guess if BlackBerry knows best, they should at least have some similarities between the Android & IOS versions. We can understand differences arising from OS limitations (eg. file attachments where the file-system is not available to IOS users, navigation keys/buttons) but if Whatsapp can have a decent audible tone on iPhones, why not BBM?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods