BBM Groups: How do feel about them?

zerog46

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
So what is everyone's opinion on them? Are the good? Are they a pain?

I personally like them for the most part, great for communicating with friends and family all in one spot and at one time. I do wish you could silence the notifications though for groups, it can be a bit much during a work day.

anon(279851)

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
So what is everyone's opinion on them? Are the good? Are they a pain?

I personally like them for the most part, great for communicating with friends and family all in one spot and at one time. I do wish you could silence the notifications though for groups, it can be a bit much during a work day.

Where are these groups located because I need some contacts to add to my BBM for iOS???

hamsterwheel

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
I love groups!! But of course I would, LOL.
We have the option to turn of notifications for groups on BlackBerry. I'm not sure about iOS. Would be great if you could.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Depending on your preferences, groups can be a good thing. You can fellowship with like-minded people as well as perform a meeting with fellow employees, associates and the like, to name a few. Great question, by the way...;)

Good OL MC

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
I like the idea. There is a lot of productivity to be found there if you can get enough people on board with the platform.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

JKeigh

Sep 15, 2013
Visit site
I think BBM groups are great IF you turn off sounds and alerts. I did this in Settings > Notifications, so I only see the badge now and read the chat when I feel like it.

Xopher

Trusted Member
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I love groups.

The family group or family has allows us to share things with everyone in the family. Where it really comes in handy is with the lists.
We have a grocery list. Any of us can add an item to the list, and it shows up on all of our devices, almost immediately. Whoever goes to the store can check things off. We have additional lists for the health shop, home items (Lowes and Home Depot), Honey-Do lists, and so on.

We were hoping BBM would have come out before our daughter's wedding. My wife did the decorations, and the two of them could have made a Wedding group, then kept track of things that still needed to be done, and even track who was going to do what.

Having the group chat is a nice feature. Using the additional group features really does enhance its capabilities.

Anilu7

Apr 19, 2013
Visit site
I find that groups are like relaxing and kicking back with your friends/buddies. You tend to share common interests (otherwise why be in a group together) and are relaxed. There is the option of either leaving or having someone booted out of a group if they are abusive so this rarely becomes a problem. I silence group notifications or, yes, I'd go crazy with it all :rofl:

Chris Parsons

Oct 30, 2007
Visit site
I find that groups are like relaxing and kicking back with your friends/buddies. You tend to share common interests (otherwise why be in a group together) and are relaxed. There is the option of either leaving or having someone booted out of a group if they are abusive so this rarely becomes a problem. I silence group notifications or, yes, I'd go crazy with it all :rofl:

Exactly this.. when things get going, I always have to disable notifications. I have a lot of CrackBerry groups and if I left those notifications on it would be non-stop.

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I'd love to get my wife, sister-in-law and 2 brothers-in-law to move over from a iMessage group convo to a BBM or GroupMe group so that when they're 'talking' too much I can mute them. LOL

rayz336

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
I'd love to get my wife, sister-in-law and 2 brothers-in-law to move over from a iMessage group convo to a BBM or GroupMe group so that when they're 'talking' too much I can mute them. LOL

This is exactly the reason I try to avoid getting trapped in an iMessage group like the plague. Although I wish BBM Groups on iOS doesn't allow you to mute group notifications yet.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I had to delete BBM because I kept getting notifications for a group I was no longer in. If they fix that, I'll give it another go.

I'm sure they'll fix that snafu soon. I still haven't updated the app since I've installed it. I suppose I'll do it later tonight or tomorrow.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2