BBM Security

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I don't know, but I can tell you that is the primary reason I and the people I associated with used to use it during my Blackberry years during which I was a government employee...:)

avmsam

Aug 18, 2009
Visit site
BBM is more secure than SMS but it's well known and proven that it IS NOT true end to end encryption. for that you'll want an app like Threema.

Xopher

Trusted Member
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
There is a rather misconceived notion about BBM security. BlackBerry to BlackBerry over the same corporate server is very secure. That corporation controls the encryption keys and even BlackBerry Limited doesn't have access.

Once they go outside of that walled garden, BBM uses a generic encryption key that all devices use. It's still secure, but law enforcement can get the logs if needed.

Most people won't be able to intercept the communication, but they are only as secure as the server where they pass through.

Chris Parsons

Oct 30, 2007
Visit site
There is a rather misconceived notion about BBM security. BlackBerry to BlackBerry over the same corporate server is very secure. That corporation controls the encryption keys and even BlackBerry Limited doesn't have access.

Once they go outside of that walled garden, BBM uses a generic encryption key that all devices use. It's still secure, but law enforcement can get the logs if needed.

Most people won't be able to intercept the communication, but they are only as secure as the server where they pass through.

Pretty much the same for all of BlackBerry security really.. in short, if you're not on BES then you're not as secure as you could be.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro