According to this article from 2012 Keeping RIM alive: NY Governor uses PIN and BBM to avoid email
It states all bbm communication is not traceable or able to be retrieved after it is deleted from a mobile phone.
Does the same apply for bbm on ios?
- 10-24-2013, 09:18 PM #2
- 10-25-2013, 05:28 PM #3
- 10-25-2013, 06:15 PM #4
There is a rather misconceived notion about BBM security. BlackBerry to BlackBerry over the same corporate server is very secure. That corporation controls the encryption keys and even BlackBerry Limited doesn't have access.
Once they go outside of that walled garden, BBM uses a generic encryption key that all devices use. It's still secure, but law enforcement can get the logs if needed.
Most people won't be able to intercept the communication, but they are only as secure as the server where they pass through.
- 10-30-2013, 06:19 AM #5
- By Judson50 in forum BBM for iOSReplies: 7Last Post: 07-03-2014, 03:50 PM
- By Aimar_69 in forum BBM for iOSReplies: 11Last Post: 10-26-2013, 11:22 AM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 5Last Post: 10-25-2013, 03:03 AM
- By Chrisy in forum BBM for iOSReplies: 7Last Post: 10-25-2013, 02:01 AM
- By Daytona in forum iPhone Apps & GamesReplies: 5Last Post: 10-24-2013, 09:11 PM