BBM going live shortly.

CDG

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
I got all the way in together with two of my friends. It is pretty slick but doesn't offer anything more than GroupMe which we now use. GroupMe does multiples devices and includes WP so for us it's more versatile.

It was fun playing with it specially since our group started on BBM back in 3009.

Uninstalled!!!

Sent From My iPhone 5 Using Tapatalk

parker5011

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
usu9yreh.jpg

This is what I get. Btw my wifi is working....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

LazyStarGazer

Nov 25, 2009
Visit site
Ahem.

Attention mods and ambassadors posting in this thread.
Please take a moment to step back, and imagine this was about iMessage.
Now imagine someone was posting what some of you have.
How would you react?

Food for thought.

Xx BEN xX

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
Ahem.

Attention mods and ambassadors posting in this thread.
Please take a moment to step back, and imagine this was about iMessage.
Now imagine someone was posting what some of you have.
How would you react?

Food for thought.

I'm excited for bbm just as much as the next guy ( girl ). But being as this is imore you didn't expect blackberry messenger to get a standing ovation and red carpet did you?

Tre Lawrence

Apr 26, 2013
Visit site
I'm excited for bbm just as much as the next guy ( girl ). But being as this is imore you didn't expect blackberry messenger to get a standing ovation and red carpet did you?

I know... but why not?

It's another option to connect with more people. Let's do what pure techies do and give it a fair shake. :)

I don't think we have to pretend to like it if it doesn't work right, but we don't have to hate it just because it's a BlackBerry product (not that everybody is/was).

Xx BEN xX

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
I think a lot of people on here are giving it it's fair chance considering people are freaking out because they can't log in, just don't expect everyone to be welcoming that's all

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Oh I see I'm in the same boat been venting in other imore BBM threads thought I was the only one having these problems.

Well at least I'm able to sleep tonight knowing I'm not the only one sitting in this sinking boat that's full of pi$$

Sent from my iPhone 5

Anilu7

Apr 19, 2013
Visit site
What the heck! Why allow users to download an app and then make them wait to use it...#smh...If RIM/Blackberry wasn't prepared to handle the amount of users who plan to use BBM, whether for testing purposes or for long-term use, then they should not have released it. This is a fail, in my personal opinion.

Actually, with all respect, the waiting is imho intended to slow down the demand so that what happened last time doesn't happen again. It isn't being rolled out region by region -- it is going worldwide immediately. A waiting list is better. That way everyone gets on in good time. It's like everyone turning on their air conditioners on a hot day. The grid is taxed.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Catch 22 really. It's the demand for it that's making people upset.

I really would like to see it succeed. I haven't been very sympathetic towards Blackberry recently. But I'm going to cut them slack on this one. If it wasn't something people were interested in, there wouldn't be a wait time. If it takes off and people use it, no one will remember the first few days of release. I personally like the app on iOS. Nicely developed.

dictoresno

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
i got my email saying im ready to use it, however the app wont let me past the "i got the email" button. it wont go to the next step. anyone have this issue too? workaround?

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Cool. Hopefully it's satisfying for those who have been anticipating the release.

They're doing a reservation system it's rumored... personally, I'm overwrought with indifference. I don't iMessage/text... I'd not be one to even think about wanting BBM...

BBM for iPhone goes live. Reserve your spot in the lineup now! (Yeah...!) | iMore

​LOL your no fun.....

*you're...

And you're right... I'm no fun. No fun at all.... :p

Moved to BBM section

I'll pad their numbers by downloading it, but I doubt if I'll use it much. I don't know anybody that still had blackberries.

It was moved to where it belongs... in the forum for BBM for iOS... this forum will be moderated as is seen fit... not by users.

What the heck! Why allow users to download an app and then make them wait to use it...#smh...If RIM/Blackberry wasn't prepared to handle the amount of users who plan to use BBM, whether for testing purposes or for long-term use, then they should not have released it. This is a fail, in my personal opinion.

just be glad they didn't make you pay for it....

Just a way to get "in" an App Store ASAP.

I suppose...:)

Yep this is a snip from the blog article we have on the blog side right now. If you signed up at BBM.com a while back you can start using it right away but like Fausty said with his yawn I feel the same way. It is on all the time, drains the heck out of your battery and perpetually goes around in a circle much like the 40-50 emails i got this weekend from CB people because of being on a mailing list about picture uploads. One person answers and then reanswers and it goes on and on. Not interested ...Sorry! I will stick with what I have now in native iMessage/SMS

Then why download it at all. I and you remember the BB days and why we are no longer and padding a number? Come on Karen it has not changed one bit from what it was a long time ago and never will be.

Well i will not argue with you there and you are 100% correct.... Just out of curiosity did you say that about mailboxes same system of waiting? Are you going to download it and try it or just pass on it like all of us ex-BB users that remember what BBM was like and still is? This is only a question 'D, in no way a beat down question. :)

Won't waste my time watching something that will not be installed on my phone or used.

Soon...... Breaking news... Users reporting BBM service down..... Give it time...

People used to riot when the NOC went down.....

Not that I recall, but "Mailbox" was a start up whereas BBM has been around for years. Already downloaded it. I received a tweet alert saying that it was available to download in the App Store so I immediately downloaded it. I did not take it as such, and no harm done....:)...Take care.

​I would not be surprised...:)

Hey, at least they updated it for iOS 7 and it's no longer using the iOS 6 keyboard styling.

It's the granddad of all messaging apps, in my opinion. I used it a lot when I was a big time Blackberry user and working in government.

wait there are old people in government already......

I'm always downloading apps I don't end up using. I suspect this will be no different.

The Mailbox app at least had a count down on their queue.

My issue with the queue is that they don't tell you your position in it like the Mailbox app did.

I hope it works for those who have been waiting for this.

I didn't even receive an email. Within two hours of registering my email, I just opened up the app a couple hours later and it asked for that email again. When I input it, it went ahead and let me sign in/and or create a Blackberry ID.

Yep. You can't use the same BBM if on more than one device.

I am perfectly happy talking and messaging with others on iPhone for iMessage or other phones and SMS using the native app. I have no need for what use to be and is meant really for BB even if now it can be used on iOS and Android.

By the time you get your email it will most likely be down anyway and something with BBs servers so don't get too excited Blink. :) LMAO

Just another NON-Excitement from BB like the good old days.

Now Now Blink be patient and wait until you load it and it messages up for you before you get upset, then you will see how us old BB BBM users feel about it.

Drano won't even unclog this mess. I just wonder how many who rushed to judgement tonight will be using the app a week from now. We will see.

I was on that stage for about 15 minutes or so. It was really annoying. It should've been set up once I got thru the email queue.

I got through the email part. Set up user name and password then it said server not available kicked me out and now I am back waiting.

Sad to see people having problems with this. I set up my BBM in 2 minutes. Sucks that Blackberry can't handle the demand.

Catch 22 really. It's the demand for it that's making people upset.

I really would like to see it succeed. I haven't been very sympathetic towards Blackberry recently. But I'm going to cut them slack on this one. If it wasn't something people were interested in, there wouldn't be a wait time. If it takes off and people use it, no one will remember the first few days of release. I personally like the app on iOS. Nicely developed.

Late to the party per usual dang it I think BlackBerry is rubbing off on me but I had to LOL when reading through this thread and like the first half all I see is an Ambassador/Moderator onslaught of comments!!

BBM bleh,

Will_It_Blend.jpg

Cause that's all it'll be good for.

Hardly used BBM as it is when I had my Blackberry Bold 9000 don't think I'll waste my time with this.

KamranMackey

Mar 20, 2013
Visit site
I do hope that in a future update that they will make BBM for iOS compatible with iPod touch so that iPod touch users can use the app as well.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice