Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 18 of 18
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Fausty82
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    Sparro's Avatar
    iPhone Nanite

    Posts
    9 Posts
    Global Posts
    956 Global Posts

    Default BBM ipa file

    Anyone have the ipa file for BBM for iPhone that they would like to share. Apparently lots of people have downloaded it from the App Store by changing their time zones to New Zeland before the rollout was haulted. BlackBerry tweeted today that the iOS version is now working for those that got it before it was haulted.
  2. #2  
    kch50428's Avatar

    Posts
    11,003 Posts
    Global Posts
    11,884 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    7.0

    Default Re: BBM ipa file

    Patience is a virtue. Give BB a chance to manage the rollout so those that want it can have a good working product in the end...
    Keith - iMore Moderator - The Mobile Nations/iMore Forum Rules
     iPhone5 on VZW;  iPad(2012) - wifi with BadElf for GPS
    "When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser." -- Socrates
  3. #3  

    Default Re: BBM ipa file

    Yeah I read about this on Zite wish I had downloaded it myself cause now with the internet hype this is gonna get huge might give BB a little media attention


    Sent from my iPhone 5
    webOS for life

    iPhone 5s Gold 64GB

    kill them with kindness :-)
  4. #4  
    Fausty82's Avatar
    iMore Genius

    Posts
    8,597 Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 7.1 b5

    Default Re: BBM ipa file

    Quote Originally Posted by kataran View Post
    Yeah I read about this on Zite wish I had downloaded it myself cause now with the internet hype this is gonna get huge might give BB a little media attention

    Sent from my iPhone 5
    Does the "bad press is better than no press" adage apply here? Once again, BlackBerry proves that they can’t handle whatever success they manage to fall into. Their software for their own devices was consistently delayed and buggy. The company is struggling to even stay alive. Then the decide to create apps and license the BBM to other platforms... only to have to pull that offering on launch day.

    If/when they can get this out and make it work, they may be able to salvage something. I really hope they can, but I am beginning to doubt it.
    Curmudgeon and Former Member/Participant
    iPhone 5S / iPad Mini Retina / 15" MacBook Pro Retina
    kataran likes this.
  5. #5  
    phreddyl's Avatar

    Posts
    2,974 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,385 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    6.0

    Default Re: BBM ipa file

    Or wait until the product is ready. Blackberry pulled it for a reason.
    Last edited by kch50428; 09-24-2013 at 07:03 AM. Reason: clean-up
  6. #6  
    Totalimmortal363's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    494 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,887 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    4.3.4

    Default Re: BBM ipa file

    Quote Originally Posted by Fausty82 View Post
    Does the "bad press is better than no press" adage apply here? Once again, BlackBerry proves that they can’t handle whatever success they manage to fall into. Their software for their own devices was consistently delayed and buggy. The company is struggling to even stay alive. Then the decide to create apps and license the BBM to other platforms... only to have to pull that offering on launch day.

    If/when they can get this out and make it work, they may be able to salvage something. I really hope they can, but I am beginning to doubt it.

    ^^^This times a million! Blackberry is company full of disappointment.
  7. #7  
    Amyn Nathoo's Avatar
    iMore Nanite

    Posts
    1 Posts

    Default Re: BBM ipa file

    i downloaded the bbm.ipa file from app store
  8. #8  
    ckalli's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    175 Posts
    Global Posts
    186 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    7.0.2

    Default Re: BBM ipa file

    i have bbm on my phone. if i transfer purchases to my itunes i will have the app i guess. but its still tied to my apple id right? how will you use it.

    i can send it to anyone who wants it..no problems. just run me through what needs to be done.
    iPhone 5s 16gb (8.0)
    MacBook Pro 2.4 (10.10)
    iPod Classic 160gb (grey)
  9. #9  
    Papalekkah's Avatar
    iMore Nanite

    Posts
    1 Posts

    Default Re: BBM ipa file

    can you sent me .ipa file please ?
  10. #10  
    Rana_bb_9800's Avatar
    iMore Nanite

    Posts
    2 Posts

    Default Re: BBM ipa file

    Dear then please let other users also use its .ipa file
  11. #11  
    Rana_bb_9800's Avatar
    iMore Nanite

    Posts
    2 Posts

    Default Re: BBM ipa file

    Quote Originally Posted by ckalli View Post
    i have bbm on my phone. if i transfer purchases to my itunes i will have the app i guess. but its still tied to my apple id right? how will you use it.

    i can send it to anyone who wants it..no problems. just run me through what needs to be done.
    Dear you can save the .ipa file by using ifunbox software just right click on any software that you want to save as .ipa and hit backup to .ipa package and its done and then you can share this .ipa file with anybody.
  12. #12  
    Fausty82's Avatar
    iMore Genius

    Posts
    8,597 Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 7.1 b5

    Default Re: BBM ipa file

    Quote Originally Posted by Papalekkah View Post
    can you sent me .ipa file please ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Rana_bb_9800 View Post
    Dear then please let other users also use its .ipa file
    Quote Originally Posted by Rana_bb_9800 View Post
    Dear you can save the .ipa file by using ifunbox software just right click on any software that you want to save as .ipa and hit backup to .ipa package and its done and then you can share this .ipa file with anybody.
    Reports are out saying that the official release will be available "before the week is out". Given BlackBerry's ability to deliver anything these days, I’m still suspect until I see it... but if it is that close, why not just wait for the official release? No muss. No fuss. No risk of anything nefarious.
    Curmudgeon and Former Member/Participant
    iPhone 5S / iPad Mini Retina / 15" MacBook Pro Retina
    Thanked by:
    youface-786 (10-18-2013)
  13. #13  
    wendybeee's Avatar
    iMore Genius

    Posts
    4,273 Posts
    Global Posts
    13,253 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    6.1.2

    Default Re: BBM ipa file

    This is how I got BBM on my iPhone using an ipa file with jailbreak and BBM works perfectly and I've been using it for weeks now.....here: iPhonealicious: How To Get BBM On JailBroken iPhone but your iphone MUST be jailbroken.

    Unfortunately when Blackberry says 'a couple of days'.....well you know !
  14. #14  
    azmiadhani's Avatar
    iMore Nanite

    Posts
    5 Posts

    Default Re: BBM ipa file

    I heard that if we installed bbm before the release date, our ip/mobile/gadget will be banned by bbm team, is that true
  15. #15  
    rayz336's Avatar

    Posts
    2,559 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,769 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    7.0.3

    Default Re: BBM ipa file

    Quote Originally Posted by azmiadhani View Post
    I heard that if we installed bbm before the release date, our ip/mobile/gadget will be banned by bbm team, is that true
    I doubt that is true because the official release was available in some regions before they pulled it from the App Store
  16. #16  
    eb_therebel's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    102 Posts

    Default Re: BBM ipa file

    Quote Originally Posted by azmiadhani View Post
    I heard that if we installed bbm before the release date, our ip/mobile/gadget will be banned by bbm team, is that true
    Only the leaked android versions which caused the pushback in the first place will be blocked. The ios version will work just fine
  17. #17  
    azmiadhani's Avatar
    iMore Nanite

    Posts
    5 Posts

    Default Re: BBM ipa file

    Quote Originally Posted by rayz336 View Post
    I doubt that is true because the official release was available in some regions before they pulled it from the App Store
    Yeah, that's true
  18. #18  

    Default Re: BBM ipa file

    It's here in the App Store

    Download now

    https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/bbm/...0l3Vy&ct=vb_im


    Sent from my iPhone 5
    webOS for life

    iPhone 5s Gold 64GB

    kill them with kindness :-)
    Thanked by:
    rayz336 (10-21-2013)

Similar Threads

  1. BBM Release Date?
    By Judson50 in forum BBM for iOS
    Replies: 128
    Last Post: 10-25-2013, 12:24 PM
  2. New iOS BBM Group
    By nebby in forum BBM for iOS
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-23-2013, 08:04 AM
  3. JLExpress, send message,files from PC to your iphone/ipad
    By dpsuffix in forum iPhone Apps & Games
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-22-2013, 01:38 PM
  4. BBM Pulled out of Apple Store
    By 3adnan in forum BBM for iOS
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-22-2013, 09:13 AM
  5. Can I download torrents file without jail breaking my iPad 2
    By soodmanhar in forum iPhone Apps & Games
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-20-2013, 07:33 PM

Posting Permissions