BBM Pulled out of Apple Store

3adnan

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
Hello everyone !

So last night I switched my Apple account to New Zealand to be able to download BBM on my iPhone .. " like everyone else"
it actually worked perfectly , well I wouldn't say perfectly , as a start I was extremely disappointed with the design and performance ..
anyway , after I downloaded and installed it .. I decided that I won't be using BBM anymore until they come up with an update that will actually make me think of using it .. after deleting it .. today I was checking if it was released on the rest of Apple stores , and I actually noticed that they pulled it out from all Apple Stores around the world !

1) The servers constantly lagged and it was barely connecting to the internet

2) the user interference is extremely weak and felt really fake .. the worst of all is that BBM was not even up to date to match the iOS 7 design , it even used the old keyboard form iOS 6 .. which was very stupid from and disappointing .. ! I wonder what happened to the old times when everything was perfectly done , designing an app was actually important , I mean look at WhatsApp , they did not even care about the new iOS , not even 1 single update , they were generous enough to release an update with so called " bugfixes " we all hate that don't we ?!
I really want competition between BBM and WhatsApp .. so that we -users- get the best out of the two services..

3) do you think Apple pulled out BBM because they felt it was not ready to go public yet ? or is it Blackberry ? Anyway , I hope that they bring it back better than the recent release ..
I was really hoping BBM would come with a new design that would knock down WhatsApp , then I would really think of completely moving to BBM community

realsuprimo

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
Blackberry have lost the plot, if indeed the leaked android apk did have issues they could have disabled the Android side and launched the IOS version. There is something wrong on their side

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Maybe they are just throwing android under the bus. Maybe their servers couldn't handle all the traffic in general and it crapped out. I remember that happening when Kik was first introduced. It's not like BBM servers have had to work hard up till now.