Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 22 of 22
Like Tree9Likes
  • 3 Post By Les74
  • 2 Post By SeanHRCC
  • 1 Post By SeanHRCC
  • 2 Post By SeanHRCC
  • 1 Post By impaler
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    Shark Week's Avatar
    iMore Nanite

    Posts
    3 Posts
    Global Posts
    222 Global Posts

    Default BBM Channels coming soon to Apple Gamers join this CHANNEL!

    just wanted to let you guys know that once BBM is available for your device, I would like to be the first to invite you guys to join my gaming channel...I cover everything that is gaming related, be it news, topics, reviews - whatever you could think of. You will not be disappointed, the app is amazing. See you guys soon!

    Eminent Gaming

    C00059602
  2. #2  
    SeanHRCC's Avatar
    iMore Genius

    Posts
    8,014 Posts
    Global Posts
    8,016 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    Taco Bell

    Default Re: BBM Channels coming soon to Apple Gamers join this CHANNEL!

    Oh god...I guess we should have seen this coming.
    "Speed has never killed anyone; suddenly becoming stationary...that's what gets you." - Jeremy Clarkson
  3. #3  
    Les74's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    447 Posts
    Global Posts
    487 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    6

    Default Re: BBM Channels coming soon to Apple Gamers join this CHANNEL!

    People still use BBM?
  4. #4  
    theKHMERboy's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    371 Posts
    Global Posts
    853 Global Posts

    Default Re: BBM Channels coming soon to Apple Gamers join this CHANNEL!

    Anyone know when bbm will be avaliable to other platforms? I don't know much ppl who still use bbm but my sister have a q10 and sadly blackberry can't download tango and since bbm gonna be avaliable I guess I can use that to contact n video call my sister
  5. #5  
    BlackBerry Guy's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    483 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,888 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    7.1

    Default Re: BBM Channels coming soon to Apple Gamers join this CHANNEL!

    Quote Originally Posted by theKHMERboy View Post
    Anyone know when bbm will be avaliable to other platforms? I don't know much ppl who still use bbm but my sister have a q10 and sadly blackberry can't download tango and since bbm gonna be avaliable I guess I can use that to contact n video call my sister
    BBM is supposed to be coming "this summer" according to BlackBerry. Given their recent track record, I would think closer towards the end of summer. It's suppose to launch initially only with the messaging component, but will have the video chat and screen sharing enabled later on.

    Why not use WhatsApp and Skype with your sister for now?
  6. #6  
    jclisenby's Avatar
    iMore Specialist

    Posts
    1,335 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,372 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    6

    Default Re: BBM Channels coming soon to Apple Gamers join this CHANNEL!

    It should debut on other platforms sometime this summer. That timeframe gives them anytime between now and September, basically. I would expect to see it in the late-July to Early-August timeframe. This is a very important product for them, and they're putting lots of resources on it to get it deployed.


    Tappin and Talkin from my iPhone 5
  7. #7  
    ELavar's Avatar
    iMore Newbie

    Posts
    44 Posts
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts

    Default Re: BBM Channels coming soon to Apple Gamers join this CHANNEL!

    Quote Originally Posted by BlackBerry Guy View Post
    BBM is supposed to be coming "this summer" according to BlackBerry. Given their recent track record, I would think closer towards the end of summer. It's suppose to launch initially only with the messaging component, but will have the video chat and screen sharing enabled later on.

    Why not use WhatsApp and Skype with your sister for now?
    Unfortunately, BlackBerry doesn't have those apps yet.
  8. #8  
    BlackBerry Guy's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    483 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,888 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    7.1

    Default Re: BBM Channels coming soon to Apple Gamers join this CHANNEL!

    Quote Originally Posted by ELavar View Post
    Unfortunately, BlackBerry doesn't have those apps yet.
    Sure they do.






    Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2
    Thanked by:
    carriv (07-22-2013)
  9. Thread AuthorThread Author   #9  
    Shark Week's Avatar
    iMore Nanite

    Posts
    3 Posts
    Global Posts
    222 Global Posts

    Default Re: BBM Channels coming soon to Apple Gamers join this CHANNEL!

    Yes we have those apps, but they aren't up to par quite yet with your guy's version. I guess thanks for the welcoming Sean. Didnt expect anything different. Anyway, I wanted to let you guys know that BBM is VERY good. So good, you wont need your other messaging apps anymore. I have a good friend of mine who is iphone crazy. With the whole Apple on his car and everything. He sees me using my BBM a lot lately and I told him what he's able to do. I then showed him Channels, which is included in BBM. It has potential to be a BIG social app like twitter. Its very fun to use. He played with it for a bit and now I catch him every time when I leave the room and return seeing him going through my channels, replying to people, posting stuff. He is THAT hooked on BBM Channels that he keeps asking when he sees me, "any update on BBM yet?"
  10. #10  
    SeanHRCC's Avatar
    iMore Genius

    Posts
    8,014 Posts
    Global Posts
    8,016 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    Taco Bell

    Default Re: BBM Channels coming soon to Apple Gamers join this CHANNEL!

    LOL! Won't need messaging apps anymore huh? Good luck with that one bud. iMessage running across the spectrum of Apple devices alone renders that idea false...then we get into the features, lol.

    BBM will be a very focused use app on the iPhone, it'll be used almost exclusively by people to converse with their BB loyal friends (for however long that lasts looking at how Blackberry is doing). These additional features will apply to a small niche, so good luck with your channel, I'm sure a couple of people will enjoy it, and more power to them for doing so.

    No offense, but the BBM app is like an AED jolt to a pretty dead horse, lol.
    "Speed has never killed anyone; suddenly becoming stationary...that's what gets you." - Jeremy Clarkson
    GingerSnapsBack and taz323 like this.
  11. #11  
    YorkieRay's Avatar
    iMore Beginner

    Posts
    63 Posts
    Global Posts
    213 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    7.0.6

    Default Re: BBM Channels coming soon to Apple Gamers join this CHANNEL!

    Quote Originally Posted by SeanHRCC View Post
    LOL! Won't need messaging apps anymore huh? Good luck with that one bud. iMessage running across the spectrum of Apple devices alone renders that idea false...then we get into the features, lol.

    BBM will be a very focused use app on the iPhone, it'll be used almost exclusively by people to converse with their BB loyal friends (for however long that lasts looking at how Blackberry is doing). These additional features will apply to a small niche, so good luck with your channel, I'm sure a couple of people will enjoy it, and more power to them for doing so.

    No offense, but the BBM app is like an AED jolt to a pretty dead horse, lol.
    Sean, in a recent survey BBM was found to be the most popular messenger here in the UK, with almost twice the number of messages sent than with iMessage.

    We will see how badly BlackBerry is doing when they release their latest report on Friday. In anticipation of the disaster that I'm sure you will be expecting, the share price has risen strongly this week. Following their last report, I would like to know how a company that has no debt and is currently making a profit could be facing imminent bankruptcy.

    Meanwhile at Apple, the share price is back below $400 today following reports of high stocks of iPhones at retailers, reduced future orders for the iPhone and a queue for the exit at Apple due to low staff morale.


  12. #12  
    SeanHRCC's Avatar
    iMore Genius

    Posts
    8,014 Posts
    Global Posts
    8,016 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    Taco Bell

    Default Re: BBM Channels coming soon to Apple Gamers join this CHANNEL!

    Quote Originally Posted by YorkieRay View Post
    Sean, in a recent survey BBM was found to be the most popular messenger here in the UK, with almost twice the number of messages sent than with iMessage.

    We will see how badly BlackBerry is doing when they release their latest report on Friday. In anticipation of the disaster that I'm sure you will be expecting, the share price has risen strongly this week. Following their last report, I would like to know how a company that has no debt and is currently making a profit could be facing imminent bankruptcy.

    Meanwhile at Apple, the share price is back below $400 today following reports of high stocks of iPhones at retailers, reduced future orders for the iPhone and a queue for the exit at Apple due to low staff morale.


    So in your argument/retort, you'll quote information about the cyclical nature of Apple's stock? lol...you do understand how reactionary it is...every...single...year. You could almost set a clock by it (or at the very least, a calendar). It's a roller coaster ride, and always has been.

    And then regarding BBM's popularity in the UK, which unquestionably reflects the cost of messaging and data packages vs. other parts of the world, and in turn reflects why BBM is not that popular in places like the U.S. and other markets where these packages are cheaper and more consistently found. As much as Blackberry fans would like to think BBM will become this universally used and loved app, it's not going to happen in our market...you know it, I know it. I know this really fires you Blackberry fans up when you come over to iMore and find people who kind of see it for what it is here in the U.S., but let's face the facts, Blackberry is the 4th or 5th place finisher even with the new Z10 and Q10 hardware...you're the guys who get the pat on the back and the "good try" while others are accepting their trophies year in and year out. Do you honestly think the prehistoric "BBM" app is going to have this juggernaut entry into this smart phone environment? If so, come back when you've hovered back down to reality again and we'll further discuss it.

    Lastly, I never said anything about BB facing bankruptcy, I said they're a dead horse (which I feel they are)...BB isn't going to completely go away, but watching their development and lack of real strong consumer market advancement, I think their consumer products are playing the swan song in that regard. I'm sure BB will continue finding success in the corporate world as they always have.
    "Speed has never killed anyone; suddenly becoming stationary...that's what gets you." - Jeremy Clarkson
    Les74 likes this.
  13. #13  
    Les74's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    447 Posts
    Global Posts
    487 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    6

    Default Re: BBM Channels coming soon to Apple Gamers join this CHANNEL!

    Quote Originally Posted by SeanHRCC View Post
    So in your argument/retort, you'll quote information about the cyclical nature of Apple's stock? lol...you do understand how reactionary it is...every...single...year. You could almost set a clock by it (or at the very least, a calendar). It's a roller coaster ride, and always has been.

    And then regarding BBM's popularity in the UK, which unquestionably reflects the cost of messaging and data packages vs. other parts of the world, and in turn reflects why BBM is not that popular in places like the U.S. and other markets where these packages are cheaper and more consistently found. As much as Blackberry fans would like to think BBM will become this universally used and loved app, it's not going to happen in our market...you know it, I know it. I know this really fires you Blackberry fans up when you come over to iMore and find people who kind of see it for what it is here in the U.S., but let's face the facts, Blackberry is the 4th or 5th place finisher even with the new Z10 and Q10 hardware...you're the guys who get the pat on the back and the "good try" while others are accepting their trophies year in and year out. Do you honestly think the prehistoric "BBM" app is going to have this juggernaut entry into this smart phone environment? If so, come back when you've hovered back down to reality again and we'll further discuss it.

    Lastly, I never said anything about BB facing bankruptcy, I said they're a dead horse (which I feel they are)...BB isn't going to completely go away, but watching their development and lack of real strong consumer market advancement, I think their consumer products are playing the swan song in that regard. I'm sure BB will continue finding success in the corporate world as they always have.
    Well,that's as closed to being owned as you can get.
  14. #14  
    SeanHRCC's Avatar
    iMore Genius

    Posts
    8,014 Posts
    Global Posts
    8,016 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    Taco Bell

    Default Re: BBM Channels coming soon to Apple Gamers join this CHANNEL!

    Quote Originally Posted by YorkieRay View Post
    We will see how badly BlackBerry is doing when they release their latest report on Friday. In anticipation of the disaster that I'm sure you will be expecting, the share price has risen strongly this week. Following their last report, I would like to know how a company that has no debt and is currently making a profit could be facing imminent bankruptcy.
    Remember that one time when...ah hell, why beat around the bush...

    "Speed has never killed anyone; suddenly becoming stationary...that's what gets you." - Jeremy Clarkson
  15. #15  
    Les74's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    447 Posts
    Global Posts
    487 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    6

    Default Re: BBM Channels coming soon to Apple Gamers join this CHANNEL!

    Quote Originally Posted by SeanHRCC View Post
    Remember that one time when...ah hell, why beat around the bush...

    Ouch....
  16. #16  
    SeanHRCC's Avatar
    iMore Genius

    Posts
    8,014 Posts
    Global Posts
    8,016 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    Taco Bell

    Default Re: BBM Channels coming soon to Apple Gamers join this CHANNEL!

    Quote Originally Posted by Les74 View Post
    Ouch....
    The thing is, it's actually a pretty sad story that i wouldn't want to brag about by reposting on here...but since Yorkie wanted to call me out on it...eh, why not.
    "Speed has never killed anyone; suddenly becoming stationary...that's what gets you." - Jeremy Clarkson
  17. #17  
    GingerSnapsBack's Avatar
    iMore Elite

    Posts
    2,005 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,703 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS5

    Default Re: BBM Channels coming soon to Apple Gamers join this CHANNEL!

    Quote Originally Posted by Les74 View Post
    Ouch....
    Sounds like the death knell is about to ring. Such a shame, too. BB was my first smartphone back in the day.
    Dude! You slapped a fish. You punched it! Why would you hit it?

    So she's praying...To Justin Timberlake apparently
  18. #18  
    Fausty82's Avatar
    iMore Genius

    Posts
    8,597 Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 7.1 b5

    Default Re: BBM Channels coming soon to Apple Gamers join this CHANNEL!

    The real issue for me is that the same BB management who say this is coming is the group that told the BlackBerry faithful that all is good and that BBRY is on their way back to profitability.
    Curmudgeon and Former Member/Participant
    iPhone 5S / iPad Mini Retina / 15" MacBook Pro Retina
  19. #19  
    SeanHRCC's Avatar
    iMore Genius

    Posts
    8,014 Posts
    Global Posts
    8,016 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    Taco Bell

    Default Re: BBM Channels coming soon to Apple Gamers join this CHANNEL!

    The biggest piece of this puzzle that seemed to really fly by the BB loyal was before the new platform and OS even came out! Like LAST summer, when they were teasing this new Blackberry operating system, and then in the middle of it, right when their development would have been at its peak, there is this wave of information about a possible sale and that the Blackberry hardware would run Android OS. Now of course this didn't happen, and they did eventually release what was quite a revamped operating system on their new hardware...but what does that tell you about confidence of Blackberry, because you know they watched every inch of that development, and in the midst of it, they're about to sell out to one of their biggest competitors?

    If Blackberry's own faith was that low to even SUGGEST the option was there for an android based device...consumers and investors should have been standing back watching the collapse from a safe distance. Whenever i would talk about this before, Blackberry faithful would jump on me like fire, telling me I was a fanboy and blah blah blah...when the reality is, I was just on the outside looking in and watching it without anything invested at all...and because i like development across the spectrum of smartphones, i WANTED them to succeed, but it's kind of like a bad accident, sometimes you just know that it's a lost cause to have hope. Blackberry is a sinking ship...it's now all but submerged (in the consumer market).
    "Speed has never killed anyone; suddenly becoming stationary...that's what gets you." - Jeremy Clarkson
  20. #20  
    WhiteSpir1t's Avatar
    iMore Beginner

    Posts
    93 Posts
    Global Posts
    902 Global Posts

    Default Re: BBM Channels coming soon to Apple Gamers join this CHANNEL!

    Quote Originally Posted by SeanHRCC View Post
    LOL! Won't need messaging apps anymore huh? Good luck with that one bud. iMessage running across the spectrum of Apple devices alone renders that idea false...then we get into the features, lol.

    BBM will be a very focused use app on the iPhone, it'll be used almost exclusively by people to converse with their BB loyal friends (for however long that lasts looking at how Blackberry is doing). These additional features will apply to a small niche, so good luck with your channel, I'm sure a couple of people will enjoy it, and more power to them for doing so.

    No offense, but the BBM app is like an AED jolt to a pretty dead horse, lol.
    Let's hope BBM doesn't serve as a gateway for trash talking lol
  21. #21  
    impaler's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    462 Posts
    Global Posts
    523 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    7.1

    Default Re: BBM Channels coming soon to Apple Gamers join this CHANNEL!

    Hang on, lemme head to Crackberry and let them know to iMessage me.
    --
    iPhone 5s Space Gray 64GB (AT&T), iPad 3 LTE 64GB (AT&T), MacBook Air 13" (Mid-2011), Apple TVs Around the House, Time Capsule 3TB
    WhiteSpir1t likes this.
  22. #22  
    WhiteSpir1t's Avatar
    iMore Beginner

    Posts
    93 Posts
    Global Posts
    902 Global Posts

    Default Re: BBM Channels coming soon to Apple Gamers join this CHANNEL!

    Open the floodgates to trash talking!! Fun.

Similar Threads

  1. ZOMBONIE is coming soon to iPhone & iPod Touch
    By Zombonie in forum iPhone Apps & Games
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-16-2011, 04:19 PM
  2. Coming soon to an iPhone near you - Eggs in Space!
    By The Lonely Bee in forum iPhone Apps & Games
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-06-2010, 06:19 PM
  3. CrosDoku Coming Soon to the App Store!
    By pyramizo in forum iPhone Apps & Games
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-04-2010, 12:49 AM
  4. Gokivo TBT GPS: Update Coming Soon To the App Store...
    By Tunnelrunner in forum iPhone Apps & Games
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-03-2009, 05:36 PM

Posting Permissions