BBM Going Cross Platform - Will You Use It?

Will you be using BBM on iOS?

• Yes!

Votes: 9 36.0%
  • I'll give it a try, not sure if I will fully switch to it.

Votes: 8 32.0%
  • Nope.

Votes: 8 32.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

anon(3896606)

Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
Hello everyone,
If you visit CrackBerry you may know me, I am a pretty active poster there and I wanted to collect some data. (The poll will expire in 2 weeks from today 15/05/2013.)
I would like to know if you guys are going to be using BBM now that it is going cross-platform.
I realize this may not be the most accurate place to post this thread, however, I thought that this would be the best place to put it to get results.
Thanks.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm sure I'll download and test it out, but I don't know of anyone that I normally associate with that has a Blackberry, however, if they all somehow start using BBM, then great, but we'll have to wait and see.

CDG

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
At this point I would have to say no I won't.

We use GroupMe and quite happy with it, unlike BBM it supports WP8 and there are three in the group with that OS.

Interestingly we all had BBs at one time and started our group with BBM, since then we have all moved away from BB to other OS.

Sent From My Mobile Device Using Tapatalk

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I was part of a BBM chat group before I bought my iPhone, so I might try it out. I don't know anyone that I associate with on an everyday basis who has a Blackberry.

rayz336

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
I'll download it. I am constantly in contact with a person who uses a BlackBerry and I like BBM a lot more than Whatsapp, which I currently use to communicate with that friend. I can't wait for it to be released for iOS!

taz323

Mar 10, 2013
Visit site
Have no desire to have it on my phone, IMessage and reg text through service provider that work great. No need.

jclisenby

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
I will. I have a few friends that use BB for work that I still want to talk to quickly and easily.

I also think that everyone saying they already use another cross-platform app may end up using BBM in the long run. This is one area that BB can succeed and I think they will.

Tappin and Talkin from my iPhone 5

GingerSnapsBack

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
At this point I would have to say no I won't.

We use GroupMe and quite happy with it, unlike BBM it supports WP8 and there are three in the group with that OS.

Interestingly we all had BBs at one time and started our group with BBM, since then we have all moved away from BB to other OS.

Sent From My Mobile Device Using Tapatalk

That's exactly what a bunch of my friends have done. We met in a WTF Moment BBM group that I co-moderated and after we all started ditching BBs, we got GroupMe and now use that for our group. I love that app.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I don't see BBM being any different than when I had it when I was a BB user and for the memories I had with it and the battery drain and constant on, For these reasons I will stick with the native iMessage - SMS service. I have no need for two different message services to serve my needs.

kilcher

Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
I'll download it and try it out for sure. But I doubt anyone I know uses it.

I'm not really sure why I'd need anything more than iMessage/SMS since that works for everyone.

Jrome.brooks

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Too late for blackberry they should have done that 4 years ago now iOS got iMessager we don't even need bbm damn people still use blackberry ??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
IMHO, it’s too little, way too late. When I switched to the iOS platform back in 2010, I was desperate for a platform like BBM that would allow for group chats with family and friends who were still on the BB platform, as well as those who had moved on to iOS and Android. At the time, the family was 14 users, all on the BB platform. Then a couple switched to iOS... eventually everyone left the BB platform and are currently split 13-2 in favor of iOS over Android. I just don’t see the need these days. iMessage is more than enough. (We don’t talk to the Android users in our family, anyway!)
smile.png

I may download it just out of some morbid curiosity... I do want to see how it works... but very doubtful that I will have a real need to use it.

ELavar

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, I'll most likely try it out, but I think the question for me is how will the differentiation/adoption compare to hangouts. I definitely still have a soft spot for BB and I hope it will be a great app.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro