To Wait or Not To Wait... iPhone 7+ or 7s+

wezra

Apr 18, 2013
Visit site
Rene... I currently have an iPhone 7, 32 gig model. I honestly need more memory and would like to move to the 7+ since I do watch a lot of video... news, podcasts, etc. Should I wait for the new iPhone 7s+ or does it make sense to move now. I have a "JUMP" update at T-Mobile and have been thinking about the Red 128 gig model. Any thoughts?

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
If you need the memory, then go for it. :)

I'm due an upgrade for my 6s but at this point I'm holding out because it's working and not out of space. but if I was in your shoes, assuming you aren't able to manage the space, I'd get the 128gb 7 Plus.

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
Rene... I currently have an iPhone 7, 32 gig model. I honestly need more memory and would like to move to the 7+ since I do watch a lot of video... news, podcasts, etc. Should I wait for the new iPhone 7s+ or does it make sense to move now. I have a "JUMP" update at T-Mobile and have been thinking about the Red 128 gig model. Any thoughts?

Is the 7S+ confirmed yet? If you need the storage go for the 7+ now. If you can wait, and the rumors are true, and this applies to you, wait for the 7S+ which is supposed to take 3D photos.

wezra

Apr 18, 2013
Visit site
Is the 7S+ confirmed yet? If you need the storage go for the 7+ now. If you can wait, and the rumors are true, and this applies to you, wait for the 7S+ which is supposed to take 3D photos.

I don't think anything is confirmed at this point, other than it might not come out until late in the year. Seems to be all speculation at this point base on what Analysts seem to be saying. But with Apple you never know. I just may go for the 128 gig 7 + now and then, if it happens, go for another JUMP in 6 - 8 months to the newer model. That said, I do loose the down payment on the 7 + when I hand it back to T-Mobile and have to put another down payment on the new phone. Hard choice to be sure.

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
I don't think anything is confirmed at this point, other than it might not come out until late in the year. Seems to be all speculation at this point base on what Analysts seem to be saying. But with Apple you never know. I just may go for the 128 gig 7 + now and then, if it happens, go for another JUMP in 6 - 8 months to the newer model. That said, I do loose the down payment on the 7 + when I hand it back to T-Mobile and have to put another down payment on the new phone. Hard choice to be sure.

Down payment? You may want to check with them again. All I have to do is pay tax on the phone.

I currently have the 7+ 128 gig and it's a great device. If the 7S+ rumor is true and it does take 3D photos, I may look into it. Otherwise I'll hang with the 7+.

wezra

Apr 18, 2013
Visit site
Down payment? You may want to check with them again. All I have to do is pay tax on the phone.

I currently have the 7+ 128 gig and it's a great device. If the 7S+ rumor is true and it does take 3D photos, I may look into it. Otherwise I'll hang with the 7+.

Yes... on T-Moible "JUMP" I have a $49 down payment on the silver, gold, rose gold and flat black 128 gig 7+ models and $149 on the glossy black and red models. I also have to pay the tax on the full amount as you suggest. Not sure why their is $149 premium down payment on the glossy black and red versions... seems silly at this point with the new models coming in a few months. I'm not so sure the red version sold all that well.... again, being introduced as closely to the new iPhone as it is. I may just hang on until the new iPhone hits the market.

Anilu7

Apr 19, 2013
Visit site
At this point in time I'd wait and see what the new one has to offer. Also, shortly after the new iPhone is released you'll see a (slight) price drop on the older model.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
Not necessarily will see a drop in price. Might have a promotion buy one get one
I have the 7+ 128 gig. Love it. My first iPhone