Hi Rene,

I'm not judging here. However, I often notice on your Instagram or iMore reviews that you place iPhone's, iPad's and Apple Watch's in conditions like grass and snow. I even saw you put the new iPad 5th Gen in a tree when reviewing the camera on the decide...

I'm just curious as to why you do this. These are expensive devices, I'm sure I'm not the only one to cringe when I see you treating them like this😂

As I said at the beginning, I'm not judging, what you do with your money is up to you, but surely you can get a nice photo without exposing them to conditions like that. No?
    04-03-2017 12:10 PM
    Hi Rene,

I'm not judging here. However, I often notice on your Instagram or iMore reviews that you place iPhone's, iPad's and Apple Watch's in conditions like grass and snow. I even saw you put the new iPad 5th Gen in a tree when reviewing the camera on the decide...

I'm just curious as to why you do this. These are expensive devices, I'm sure I'm not the only one to cringe when I see you treating them like this😂

As I said at the beginning, I'm not judging, what you do with your money is up to you, but surely you can get a nice photo without exposing them to conditions like that. No?
    *I even saw you put the new iPad 5th Gen in a tree when reviewing the camera on the device...*
    04-03-2017 12:11 PM
    LOL! Rene has been known to abuse his devices for the sake of his work (you forgot to mention repeatedly dropping his jet black iPhone 7 into a water fountain) BUT I have a suspicion the cost of many of these devices doesn't come directly out of his pocket. Nonetheless it's a great question and I'm sure Rene will be by to defend his position.
    BreakingKayfabe likes this.
    04-03-2017 12:52 PM
    It makes for interesting and unique photos, that's for sure! 🤣
    BreakingKayfabe likes this.
    04-03-2017 12:56 PM
    He hasn't replied..seems he only does so when it suits him. So much for 'Ask Rene' hahaha.
    04-05-2017 06:14 PM
    He hasn't replied..seems he only does so when it suits him. So much for 'Ask Rene' hahaha.
    He's quite busy. Be patient; I'm sure he'll eventually respond.
    04-05-2017 06:23 PM
    Apologies. Last week was beyond brutal. But I'm hoping this week is better!

I very carefully place devices down, with little to no horizontal movement, which makes it about as safe as any surface.

I do it for dramatic effect, so there are cool textures in the photos. I've certainly damaged devices, but never from doing this for photos.
    04-09-2017 11:46 AM