I have a RED iPhone 7. Ask me anything! (AMA/Q&A)

Rene Ritchie

Old Man Ritchie
Jan 12, 2007
www.about.me
To this day I have not seen Rene put a case on an iPhone

Truth! I love Apple industrial design and I love Star Wars worn tech, so it works for me. I mean, I hate to see a scratch but ultimately it makes the product look loved and used.

If you can't live like that, get a case!

(I do use battery cases when traveling!)

DarlaMack

Apple TV Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
Awesome question, Darla!

No exclusive wallpapers, at least not on my review unit. That would have been a great idea, though.

I saw in one of the videos that there is a grayish mercury blob like the 3 color choices that are currently on the 7plus... does your unit have that one?

tr1ad

Trusted Member
Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
Truth! I love Apple industrial design and I love Star Wars worn tech, so it works for me. I mean, I hate to see a scratch but ultimately it makes the product look loved and used.

(I do use battery cases when traveling!)

But do you use screen protectors

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
Color is totally subjective. If I was looking for an iPhone 7 now, I'd get red because it looks great and is hot and new.

I agree on preferences being subjective. I don't care for the white front on any Apple products but I will say that a gold back and white front look much better than a black front.

The same goes for red, for me. I think the white front with the thin red outline looks very apple and therefore Apple. I really like it. Given that Apple charges $100 to double RAM flash storage, the product Red color and subsequent donation (on Apple's part) are a great deal!

I am really, really tempted!

Last edited:

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
Yeah, it's like the matte black but just a tiny bit more satin-like to my touch. Maybe candy red? Like a Ferarri or Corvette? Apple loves cars

That satiny finish comes across in all the pics I've seen and I like that! And candy red was the first thing that came to mind when I saw the Red phone.

Last edited:

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site

Good advice. I carried my first three phones caseless, no worries, no damage. But I did use clear shields front and back. The phones were very slick without them (on the back, anyway).

After my flat-sided 4s and 5s, the form factor changed and were even more slippery for me. Once I upgrade from my 5s, there will be some kind of clear case in my future.

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
If I was looking for an iPhone 7 now, I'd get red because it looks great and is hot and new.

Not to mention:

finishedphone.jpg

Chemy JMHT

VR ******
Sep 9, 2016
Visit site
I understand that the price is the same, the same OS version and the same internal apps.

Because it should a color not very common, how do you feel it will resist scratches and marks? is this a fingerprint magnet or not?

Does it version has the headphone jack? (LOL just kidding)

dmt316

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
I got my phone yesterday and restored from a previous backup. I do not have the option to select the new wallpaper from the product red phone, any chance you know how to get it? Couldnt find it on good either

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods