What Office Suite do you use if you use these two? Which Would you recommend and why?
    03-17-2017 09:18 AM
    I personally use MS Office (Word primarily) so I can keep my resume updated on the fly!
    ladyc0524 and aximtreo like this.
    03-17-2017 10:45 AM
    MS Office.
    03-17-2017 11:18 AM
    Google Docs is driving people away. I never read good things about it for iOS.
    03-17-2017 05:18 PM
    Office and iWork apps both work great.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    03-17-2017 05:35 PM
    I don't use Google Docs, with the exception of Mobile Nations stuff, but I use a few Microsoft products on my iOS devices - OneNote and OneDrive, primarily. I do have Microsoft Word installed on my iPad Pro, but I prefer Apple Pages on my iPhone. Anyway, make room for both.
    03-17-2017 08:12 PM
    By the way, for writing, I use iA Writer; it can export to HTML, PDF, and Word documents. Heck, I use it to handle CSV files when there is no math involved.

I think you'll find a lot of people use plain text with Markdown formatting. Byword and Ulysses are also very popular writing tools for iOS, including iPhones. Bear is getting popular too, but is a subscription.
    njlx2016 likes this.
    03-18-2017 12:15 AM
    Ha! Mobile Nations uses Google for our company services, which means I'm pretty much locked into Google Docs, Sheets, etc.

Both Office and iWork are really good too. If you have an Office 365 account, it makes sense to use Office.
    cwbcpa and Green Buddy like this.
    03-18-2017 07:49 AM
    I use Google Docs with my kids because all of their school work is done on Chromebooks and Google's services. Since I have the Office 365 account, I use the Office products for all of my work needs and most of my personal needs as well.

I have both on my iPhone though. I will also use Apple's Pages and Numbers as well, but not often.
    03-18-2017 12:51 PM
    My godkids got Google accounts for school and I found it kinda creepy. They showed them to me when I visited and the first thing Google asked for was location permission so the kids could play a Pacman game on Google Maps and eat their street. They loved the idea. Which is what I'm sure Google intended. But kids shouldn't be giving up their home location, especially through a school account.
    03-20-2017 11:04 AM
    My godkids got Google accounts for school and I found it kinda creepy. They showed them to me when I visited and the first thing Google asked for was location permission so the kids could play a Pacman game on Google Maps and eat their street. They loved the idea. Which is what I'm sure Google intended. But kids shouldn't be giving up their home location, especially through a school account.
    Creepy. Really creepy. Kids shouldn't be able to enable an option like that. That information is going to the school too, I bet. Those are administered accounts, I bet.

People have no idea who they are handing their data to… until something bad happens.
    03-20-2017 12:36 PM
    I have Office 365... so use, Word, Excel and PowerPoint on my MacBook Pro. My kids use Google Docs for school, so I have Chrome installed as well so they have quick access when they need to use my laptop. My son prefers the MacBook Pro to the HP we gave him for school... so when he has to write or edit a project document he defaults to my MacBook.

I find that Word, Excel and PowerPoint for Mac work without any issues what so ever. I'm also on the Beta, so get updates frequently. No issues there either.
    03-20-2017 03:21 PM
    office 365 all the way with that you getting 1 TB cloud storage. what else do you need?
    04-11-2017 06:01 AM
    I can't answer with typical fan boy bias. I happen to own stock in Alphabet and Microsoft. I administer and use both of their suites. Microsoft has more and far more powerful and capable apps but one will need a paid subscription. I have free and G suite accounts and like the G Suite more but like Office 365, some might not want to pay for it.

Microsoft has Google and Apple beat by a great measure when it comes to their notes apps. Microsoft Teams absolutely puts Google and Apple in catch up mode but one has to have a business tier account for Teams.

Both platforms work with multiple accounts but Microsoft's is more elegant and lets you use your apps such as Excel with Dropbox and other services.

Evernote is a notes option for a Google user who finds Keep to be the feature poor product it is.

If all this sounds like a cut against Google, don't forget what you get for free.
    04-11-2017 08:23 AM
    What Office Suite do you use if you use these two? Which Would you recommend and why?
    I use Microsoft Word because it has worked better than Giggle Docs on both my PC and my Galaxy Note 4, so I assume it will work better on my iPhone (I've not tried Giggle Docs on the iPhone). It's installed and in use on my lil' SE. I think the major reason I like Word better than Docs is because it's installed directly on the device and it's therefore faster. I like the UI better, also.
    04-11-2017 09:31 AM
    Creepy. Really creepy. Kids shouldn't be able to enable an option like that. That information is going to the school too, I bet. Those are administered accounts, I bet.

People have no idea who they are handing their data to… until something bad happens.
    The privacy settings are quite different for GAFE (Google Apps for Education) or G Suite for Education accounts than they are for traditional google services. It's not as creepy as it sounds. These services still must be complaint in COPPA and FERPA standards.
    04-11-2017 11:40 AM