Do you think Apple will put AMD VEGA or Ryzen into new Macbooks or even the Mac Desktop Line?

GavinsTechHelp

Mar 2, 2017
Visit site
Hi Rene! Love to hear this question answered on the iMore show if possible. We've seen some nice performance coming out of the new Ryzen 7 processors on the AMD side. Do you think Apple would put those into the Mac? I think in the Price to performance category, Apple could do amazing things for performance and battery life while still maintaining their current prices. On AMD Vega, I think it would be foolish on their part not to put in a better GPU into the 15 inches and maybe even give the 13 inch a GPU as well. iGPUs do not cut it for some professionals and Apple could also market to the VR/Gaming crowd as well. I think at minimum for this Mac refresh, we need to see the RX 480 make it to the Mac lineup. Thanks for your time.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
While awaiting a reply from Rene, I'll give my opinion in regard to the thread question. Unless Apple finds it beneficial and inline with its vision and expectations, I'd say the answer is no.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2