If you have Workflow, is Launch Center Pro eclipsed?

cuttheredwire

Apr 28, 2016
Visit site
I LCP is on sale, but the features sound like Workflow can do everything that it does.

Is there anything about LCP that makes it special? Does it have any abilities that Workflow outright lacks?

Also, and this is more general, do iPhone app widgets work on the iPad? The non-universal app thing is really archaic. (Paprika sounded great until I saw that.)

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I use them both for different reason. I use workflow to automate some of my repeative tasks like my wallpaper backups, etc. I use Launch Center to launch apps from widgets.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I LCP is on sale, but the features sound like Workflow can do everything that it does.

Is there anything about LCP that makes it special? Does it have any abilities that Workflow outright lacks?

Also, and this is more general, do iPhone app widgets work on the iPad? The non-universal app thing is really archaic. (Paprika sounded great until I saw that.)
I don't think either eclipses the other because, as have been stated by bamf-hacker, each are primarily used for different reasons.

cuttheredwire

Apr 28, 2016
Visit site
I just don't understand what you mean. Yes, there is separation and purpose, but Workflow can create home screen icons and widget icons. That seems like all that LCP can do.

Rene Ritchie

Old Man Ritchie
Jan 12, 2007
www.about.me
Same. LCP lets you launch actions within apps. Workflow lets you automate repetitive sequences of actions.

There's some overlap but both have their advantages in specific areas.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73