I LCP is on sale, but the features sound like Workflow can do everything that it does.

Is there anything about LCP that makes it special? Does it have any abilities that Workflow outright lacks?

Also, and this is more general, do iPhone app widgets work on the iPad? The non-universal app thing is really archaic. (Paprika sounded great until I saw that.)
    02-27-2017 01:49 AM
    I use them both for different reason. I use workflow to automate some of my repeative tasks like my wallpaper backups, etc. I use Launch Center to launch apps from widgets.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    02-27-2017 02:15 PM
    I LCP is on sale, but the features sound like Workflow can do everything that it does.

Is there anything about LCP that makes it special? Does it have any abilities that Workflow outright lacks?

Also, and this is more general, do iPhone app widgets work on the iPad? The non-universal app thing is really archaic. (Paprika sounded great until I saw that.)
    I don't think either eclipses the other because, as have been stated by bamf-hacker, each are primarily used for different reasons.
    bamf-hacker likes this.
    02-27-2017 02:22 PM
    I just don't understand what you mean. Yes, there is separation and purpose, but Workflow can create home screen icons and widget icons. That seems like all that LCP can do.
    02-27-2017 03:35 PM
    Same. LCP lets you launch actions within apps. Workflow lets you automate repetitive sequences of actions.

There's some overlap but both have their advantages in specific areas.
    03-01-2017 07:43 PM