Have been using the Apple Smart Battery Case for two days with my iPhone 7. The case does exactly what it's suppose to do, so no complaint there. However, my device is acting strange in many ways from auto correct, to keyboard lag, to lock sound sometimes making a noise, even double typing letters sometimes. Overall the phone has just been laggy and acting up. Took the Case off a few hours ago and the phone is acting normal. Any thoughts? Any other info out there about this case and phone issues?

Thanks in advance!
    02-19-2017 12:13 AM
    That's really weird. I used the smart case on my 6s all the time and bought one for my 7- I have only used the one for the 7 a few times but haven't had any issues
    02-19-2017 01:25 PM
    That's really weird. I used the smart case on my 6s all the time and bought one for my 7- I have only used the one for the 7 a few times but haven't had any issues
    Thanks for the response. Apple was kind of funny about it. The Supervisor said the Case was more intended to put on when needed? That was my concern with the lack of on/off switch. The store told me it Case is based on the 80/20 rule. The Battery Case activates only when the iPhone hits 20% and should charge it to 80% since it's known apparently that is what's best for your battery. The Apple Advisor said that's incorrect. So the store was wrong. If I put the case on it will actually immediately start charging. If the Case is at 100% and the iPhone is at 100% from an overnight charge it will use the Case Battery until it dies and then switch over to the iPhone. Right now the case is around 50% and my iPhone is at 100%. The phone hasn't budged and won't until the Case runs out. I'm wondering if this is bad for the iPhone? Any thoughts?
    02-19-2017 07:45 PM
    I don't think it's bad. The case acts like a trickle charger. I actually think it's the most efficient way to use a battery case.
    PhoneDr likes this.
    02-19-2017 07:52 PM
    Wow, ugh!

I use a smart case a lot on my 7 and have never had that problem. All it does is provide power, antenna boost, and keep the phone in a non-charging (i.e. battery efficient) state, Identical to when the case is off.

Did you try rebooting, silly as it sounds.
    02-23-2017 12:12 AM
    If the Case is at 100% and the iPhone is at 100% from an overnight charge it will use the Case Battery until it dies and then switch over to the iPhone. Right now the case is around 50% and my iPhone is at 100%. The phone hasn't budged and won't until the Case runs out. I'm wondering if this is bad for the iPhone? Any thoughts?
    http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...4e31ac6b32.jpg
    This is correct, it will use the case first, which is not harmful to the phone. In fact it saves charge/discharge cycles, which is good.
    PhoneDr likes this.
    02-23-2017 05:05 AM
    If its a oem Apple battery case I wouldn't think Apple would make a
    Battery case that would hurt the iPhone. I use mine all the time. Haven't had a issue.
    robertk328 and carrickfergus like this.
    02-23-2017 06:03 AM