Can you explain the difference between Purchased AAC & Protected AAC for purchased music?

samduffy

Apr 21, 2016
Visit site
Hi Rene can you explain the main differences between these 2 formats Am i correct in saying Purchased AAC are songs purchased After 2009 when apple got rid of DRM and Protected AAC are songs purchased before 2009 and Had DRM.

Is there anything to worry about like what exactly do both mean and why do they have both and not just one for all my purchases

is it to do with copyright

I only use apple anyway so Those protected AAC songs will always be available ? but wouldn't if i moved to google music or how exactly does it work

Thanks

Sam

Rene Ritchie

Old Man Ritchie
Jan 12, 2007
www.about.me
Re: Can you explain the difference between Purchased AAC & Protected AAC for purchased music?

Sorry, not sure what you're asking?

Purchased songs should be DRM-free. Downloaded song from Apple Music should have DRM (since they'll be removed when/if you unsubscribe.)

samduffy

Apr 21, 2016
Visit site
Re: Can you explain the difference between Purchased AAC & Protected AAC for purchased music?

Ok cool thanks Rene. I read something that songs purchased before 2009 had drm on the store so I was curious to know what the difference was

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods