Retain watch health data while resetting iphone

Ronald Weiler

Sep 21, 2015
Visit site
Hi!

I've been wanting to ask this question for awhile! About a year or so ago I need to reset my iPhone (and about a year or so at a time I've always found this to be a good idea) to resolve some random issues. Right now I'm having some Bluetooth audio issues with my new 7plus and I'd like to set it up as a "new.phone" instead of a backup based on a 6plus.

What I have found is that when you do this you lose ALL of the health data stored from the watch as it is part of the phone backup. If I reset the phone even if I repair the same watch (I have a series 0) I can only retain that data by using iPhone backups.

How can I reset my iPhone like "new" but lose my Apple Watch data?

Thanks!

Ron

njlx2016

Jun 2, 2015
Visit site
It's either you restore from a backup - and retain your Health data, or you set up the phone as new - and lose your Health data.

Restoring your phone is the extreme last measure, and I don't think doing so will fix your Bluetooth issues.

I would first create an iCloud backup, then restore your iPhone by plugging it into iTunes. Restoring through iTunes will reinstall a fresh copy of iOS on your phone. Then, restore from your iCloud backup during the initial setup. This is a lot easier than starting from scratch and you will preserve your Health data.

Are you sure you've exhausted all other methods of troubleshooting your Bluetooth issue? Have you tried un-pairing and pairing again? Have you tried updating the software / firmware of the Bluetooth device? Have you tried reset network settings or reset all settings? Have you tried another device? Have you reached out to the vendor of the Bluetooth device? Have you contacted Apple?

Rene Ritchie

Old Man Ritchie
Jan 12, 2007
www.about.me
Hi!

I've been wanting to ask this question for awhile! About a year or so ago I need to reset my iPhone (and about a year or so at a time I've always found this to be a good idea) to resolve some random issues. Right now I'm having some Bluetooth audio issues with my new 7plus and I'd like to set it up as a "new.phone" instead of a backup based on a 6plus.

What I have found is that when you do this you lose ALL of the health data stored from the watch as it is part of the phone backup. If I reset the phone even if I repair the same watch (I have a series 0) I can only retain that data by using iPhone backups.

How can I reset my iPhone like "new" but lose my Apple Watch data?

Thanks!

Ron

Serenity Caldwell to the rescue! (Spoiler: You need some third-party tools)

How to move your Health data to a new iPhone | iMore

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh