Is it possible to connect both devices with one or two powered Apple USB-Lightning adapter or a powered Apple HDMI-Lightning adapter and record the iPhone screen on an iPad running, for instance, iMovie?

Thank you very much. All feedback greatly appreciated!

Note: This is to avoid buying an Atomos (or equivalent) device. The QuickTime method isn't possible either because the capture will be made outdoors and I only have a desktop Mac.
    01-26-2017 02:04 PM
    Alas, not that I can think of right now :-/
    01-27-2017 08:24 AM
    Only other thing I can think of is using AirPlay to an Apple TV and record that with a capture USB device to the Mac. That would be wireless, but limited in range. A wifi range extender would help dramatically.

This could work from a car if you had a DC to AC power converter. An extension cord would work too, and you still would be wireless. A travel router would be handy.

Not an elegant solution, but it would work with any computer. You could have a friend with a laptop join you.
    01-29-2017 10:32 PM
    Cuttheredwire,
    Thank you very much for the reply.
    I'm really coming to the conclusion that unfortunately there's indeed only two viable solutions: a Macbook or an Atomos device. I have an iPad that could act as a recording device, which would be great for the purpose.
    Regards.
    01-30-2017 01:50 PM