Record iPhone screen on iPad

PedroRG

Dec 6, 2015
Visit site
Is it possible to connect both devices with one or two powered Apple USB-Lightning adapter or a powered Apple HDMI-Lightning adapter and record the iPhone screen on an iPad running, for instance, iMovie?

Thank you very much. All feedback greatly appreciated!

Note: This is to avoid buying an Atomos (or equivalent) device. The QuickTime method isn't possible either because the capture will be made outdoors and I only have a desktop Mac.

cuttheredwire

Apr 28, 2016
Visit site
Only other thing I can think of is using AirPlay to an Apple TV and record that with a capture USB device to the Mac. That would be wireless, but limited in range. A wifi range extender would help dramatically.

This could work from a car if you had a DC to AC power converter. An extension cord would work too, and you still would be wireless. A travel router would be handy.

Not an elegant solution, but it would work with any computer. You could have a friend with a laptop join you.

PedroRG

Dec 6, 2015
Visit site
Cuttheredwire,
Thank you very much for the reply.
I'm really coming to the conclusion that unfortunately there's indeed only two viable solutions: a Macbook or an Atomos device. I have an iPad that could act as a recording device, which would be great for the purpose.
Regards.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox