How to add apps to share menu in ios10

mcventurella

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
Hello,

In ios9 I was able to go into the Photos app, choose a photo that I wanted to share, in the "share menu" hit More... and toggle the app I wanted to use to share (e.g. another email app). That toggled-on app then appeared in the "share menu" going forward.

However in ios10, hitting More... only shows me the existing apps that are currently in the "share menu". I cannot add a new app to this "default" list !

Can someone help?

Thx

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I don't recall an option in iOS 9 where one could "add" an app to the share sheet. You could toggle on and off. It's still that way. Maybe you have all yours toggled on and there's no more to toggle on. Adding new apps to the share sheet hasn't been an option for users. You can download new apps, and it might show up there. Apple decides which apps go on the share sheet. I hope I'm wrong, because I have a few apps I'd like to add.

Rene Ritchie

Old Man Ritchie
Jan 12, 2007
www.about.me
Unless I'm misunderstanding, it's working the same for me in iOS 10 as it did in iOS 9. I pic a Photo, hit Share, scroll and hit More, and then get a sheet of apps I can toggle on or off.

What are you seeing?

mcventurella

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
Hi Rene,

In ios9, that's correct - I was able to see my 2nd email client app in the sheet of apps (and toggle it). However in ios10 now, that app doesn't automatically appear in the sheet... Is there a way of getting the app to be added to the sheet ?

Thank you

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2