because of cost I have been reluctant to purchase a smart watch. but I have started to consider getting one, fitness tracking, health tracking, sleep tracking. are my main reasons, with they could do blood pressure and glucose.. the fitbit surge seams ideal but for that kind of money I would consider paying the extra 100 and get a apple watch. do you have a feature comparison guide? maybe I should wait for apple watch 3 or is that perhaps to far out to consider. unsure what to buy or if I should?????
    01-26-2017 11:25 AM
    I think it depends on what you want to do with it. I have an Apple watch and my wife has a Fitbit Charge2. She considered an Apple watch but was very interested in sleep tracking. My research revealed that the Apple watch was not a good as the Fitbit for this. The Fitbit app is native to the device whereas you have to get an app for the Apple watch. I was not impressed with the ones I found. I think it is a matter of personal preference and a couple of hundred dollars.
    01-30-2017 01:15 PM
    Apple Watch isn't going anywhere. FitBit didn't have a great last quarter and, unlike Apple, has no other businesses to see it through any rough times.

I really like FitBit but I'd have a tough time recommending anything but the inexpensive versions to anyone until it's clear they'll be around for the long haul.
    02-01-2017 10:54 PM
    I have had fitbits in the past, android wear watches in the past, and I honestly like my garmin vivosmart hr better than most. I really just depends on what you want. The Apple Watch is going to do way more things, but you will have to charge it each night. My garmin does only a few things but it does them well, and i haven't charged it since Sunday morning and it still has half of a battery left. Garmin and Fitbit will keep track of your heart rate through the day where I think you have to tell the Apple Watch to take your heart rate everytime. Really just depends on what you want to do. I don't have to tell my garmin when I go to sleep, or start an exercise. All I have to do is just sync it with my phone and that's basically it.
    02-02-2017 05:57 AM
    Here's my post from another thread. I think the Apple Watch is the way to go for all the extra features:

At a glance, my Apple Watch shows me:

• Time
    • Weather
    • Up-coming appointments
    • How much water I've had

I also get the notifications, can see if a text message is important enough to reply back immediately (or answer back right from the watch without taking my phone out of my pocket).

To me it's very valuable -- I had a Pebble for a while too and outside of changing watch faces, there wasn't much to it and I eventually quit wearing it in charge of a plain Fitbit. With the Apple Watch, I don't go a day without it.
    Tartarus likes this.
    02-11-2017 07:35 AM