Digital movies and Apple

cranston37

Jan 26, 2017
Visit site
Hi Rene,

One of my biggest frustrations with the digital world right now is how broken up everything is in regards to purchasing movies.

There are studio backed formats like UltraViolet and Disney Movies Anywhere. Then there are provider backed formats where you would buy from iTunes, Google Play, Amazon, etc.

Apple currently lets you access your Disney Movies Anywhere account through iTunes, but not UltraViolet, which has something like 22 million accounts, and anyone who has purchased a disc in the last 5 or so years has their movies through them because of the codes they came with.

Do you ever see Apple allowing access to UV the same way it does DMA, or anything else changing to bring everything together?

Thanks!

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

Please be patient while awaiting a reply from Rene. When he's not performing his primary duties and other obligations, he will respond to your question. In the meantime, enjoy and interact withthe rest of the forums. Thanks.

Rene Ritchie

Old Man Ritchie
Jan 12, 2007
www.about.me
I was positive I'd answered this! Maybe the reply didn't post properly? Apologies!

Yeah, movies are a real drag compared to audio. Imagine music had several different, proprietary DRM by studio, and separate stores. Nightmare.

Anything is possible, especially if they have to compromise when it comes to content deals with studios. It's really tough to be dependent on someone else's DRM, though.

And I've always found Ultraviolet to be a PITA :(

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2