2016 MacBook Pros with Touchbar: The Good, the Bad, & the Ugly

philrodo

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
What is your experience with the new 2016 MacBook Pros with TouchBar?

Are you experiencing intermittent crashes of apps like mail or the spinning ball on certain apps?

These laptops with SSDs and 16 GB of RAM should be flying. But quite frequently, their response seems rather lethargic.

I also had a bad issue with the TouchBar freezing so that you couldn't scroll it right and left to display all the available options. Six clean re-installs of the OS didn't fix the problem. Eventually, deleting the Library from my user's account fixed the problem, but that meant I had to reconfigure all the settings (so far it's been working OK, but I'm afraid it will start acting up again, as it did before).

I can't believe I'm the only one having these sorts of issues. Any feedback on issues with 2016 MacBook Pros will be appreciated.

Best regards, Phil

brix22

Apr 22, 2015
Visit site
I'd love to hear this answer also. My daughter is looking for a MacBook Pro to replace her 6 year old MacBook Pro. She is doing Photoshop, Final Cut and Premiere (in her university courses) and is concerned about the rumors of bad performance and spinning beach balls.

Paul_J_Nelson

Jan 26, 2017
Visit site
Hi, I have the 15inch model and over the last month of usage I have only had some very minor issues that I can't say is limited to just the model of MacBook Pro as my previous iMac and MacBook Pro had similar minor crashes.

I've never had the Touch Bar freeze on my yet, I get the odd freeze when I plug in some of the dongles and some apps can crash for no reason.

I think that a lot of these issues will be fixed very quickly by Apple.

Rene Ritchie

Old Man Ritchie
Jan 12, 2007
www.about.me
I haven't had any of that. I've used one daily going on three months now and the only lag I experience is the same lag as any Mac — launching iTunes by accident.

What sort of things are you doing when you experience the issues? I started with a clean install, so didn't get any baggage either.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods