my apple watch

Jude526

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
I received my Apple watch today . I have to install the new OS It is the series 1
I am having issues with it staying off while charging. I have it turned off but when I attach to the charger, it turns on automatically. I know how to turn it off. My phone will sometimes do that as well but am able to get it to turn off
thanks !
Judi

mark-d

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
I think that's just default behaviour for Apple mobile devices.

My iPhone and Apple Watch both behave the same as you describe. I find the watch doesn't take that long to charge anyway so I've never found it a worry.

It might be that you can turn it off once it's started charging if you have it connected to the charger constantly but as it isn't on your wrist having it on while it charges shouldn't compromise your security and given its short charge time anyway shouldn't make too much of a difference to that.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Even though the screen turns off while charging, the watch will not turn off completely while on the charger.

You can't change this behavior.

Rene Ritchie

Old Man Ritchie
Jan 12, 2007
www.about.me
It doesn't need to be off and actually shouldn't ever be off as in powered down, because it needs to do communication with your iPhone in the background to stay current.

The screen will go off when you're not using it, but for everything else — including updating the OS — it should be on. Just put it on the charger and it'll switch to charging/bedside mode and you'll be fine.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
I was wondering why it would power up when charging and not stay off. I don't turn it off when I am using it only when not. Same with my phone it is off when I am ready to call it a night. I don't like keeping on 24/7

Rene Ritchie

Old Man Ritchie
Jan 12, 2007
www.about.me
You can set Do Not Disturb mode at night. Apple assumes the phone and watch will be on at night and you won't be using it, so that's when it does all its "chores" like maintenance, backup, etc.

Being plugged in and powered on but not in use means it can run the chips and networks without slowing you down when you're up and actually using it, or draining your battery during the day.

Just like the human brain uses sleep, so too do more complex modern electronics :)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice