Coffee - Whats your favourite?

Matty

Trusted Member
May 24, 2014
Visit site
Hey Rene! Not sure which i like more, this forum section or that forum icon picture. Made me smile lol.

I'm sure you will get 1,001 questions about Apple so I'm not going to ask anything about that.
Every time i see an article about new iPads, MacBooks or iPhones there is always that iconic cup of coffee in the picture.

Now I'm not sure if it's just tradition to have it there or if you actually drink a lot. I did see you that you mentioned you hardly sleep so maybe its' needed ^_^

My question is what's your favourite coffee or drink?

Im personally a tea drinker and like to relax with some on a chair outside. Thanks for your response!

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Oh I got to answer this too! We have a local shop here called (early stages of franchising with locations in DC, NYC, Chicago, Boston and of course the original 4 Philly locations) la colombe. One of their signature drink's is called the Black & Tan (NO not the alcoholic kind), half draft iced Expresso & half iced Latte. Yes they have iced latte and express on draft! OR they can make it for you the old fashion way! It is a wonderful drink, and gives you just enough of a morning kick with the expresso!

Sprudge-LaColombeDraftLatte-KarinaHof-12La_Colombe_Black_and_Tan_to-go2_Karina_Hof.jpg

You all might appreciate this thread at our sister site Android Central....

AC's Thread About Coffee

Last edited:

Rene Ritchie

Old Man Ritchie
Jan 12, 2007
www.about.me
Hey Rene! Not sure which i like more, this forum section or that forum icon picture. Made me smile lol.

I'm sure you will get 1,001 questions about Apple so I'm not going to ask anything about that.
Every time i see an article about new iPads, MacBooks or iPhones there is always that iconic cup of coffee in the picture.

Now I'm not sure if it's just tradition to have it there or if you actually drink a lot. I did see you that you mentioned you hardly sleep so maybe its' needed ^_^

My question is what's your favourite coffee or drink?

Im personally a tea drinker and like to relax with some on a chair outside. Thanks for your response!

I tend to like variety, so I don't have single favorites as much as ranges of things I move between. For coffee, I love good espresso and latte. Blue Bottle in SF is awesome, as is Bitter + Sweet in Cupertino. They do a Red Velvet Latte that's amazing. I also really like Philz, which does pour over. They have a great mint mojito ice coffee.

I have a subscription to Blue Bottle so I get a different single-source pack of beans every two weeks. I also live near a David's Tea so I typically buy 3-5 packs of loose-leaf tea a month as well. This month I got organic Earl Gray, Guava and Mango, and great Gaimache.

Matty

Trusted Member
May 24, 2014
Visit site
I tend to like variety, so I don't have single favorites as much as ranges of things I move between. For coffee, I love good espresso and latte. Blue Bottle in SF is awesome, as is Bitter + Sweet in Cupertino. They do a Red Velvet Latte that's amazing. I also really like Philz, which does pour over. They have a great mint mojito ice coffee.

I have a subscription to Blue Bottle so I get a different single-source pack of beans every two weeks. I also live near a David's Tea so I typically buy 3-5 packs of loose-leaf tea a month as well. This month I got organic Earl Gray, Guava and Mango, and great Gaimache.

Awesome! Thanks for the reply Rene ^_^

I don't have a subscription or anything, just a habit of purchasing some every month.Earl Grey Tea is also quite nice but my favourite would have to be the local stuff near me called Rooibos tea. Sometimes i even plash out with some 'Green Tea'.

I think I've only had about 2 cups of coffee in my whole life. lol But like my dad says, its never too late to start haha.

TurboTiger

Nov 27, 2003
Visit site
At FrenchPress (local) - wet cappuccino with almond milk
At Starbucks- wet cappuccino with 2 % milk.
At Panera Bread - cappuccino with 2 % milk.
Good Luck

Matty

Trusted Member
May 24, 2014
Visit site
I just discovered the flat white, very good. A bit stronger than a latte, it's perfect!

This is actually one of my mothers favourites. Every time we go to a restaurant, it gets ordered. Maybe one day ill start to love coffee. The taste just doesn't work for me. Maybe i haven't had the right stuff yet to properly enjoy it. Or, maybe its an acquired taste. Any suggestions for a 'Light Coffee'. So one that dent have a strong taste that i can get started with? :)

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I just discovered the flat white, very good. A bit stronger than a latte, it's perfect!

I need to try that.

I like trying beans from Whole Foods (checking the roast date on the bottom to get fresher beans). I prefer South American beans to the African beans. The flavors are more caramel, etc., than citrusy flavors that make it more bitter.

Good beans I can drink black no problem, but most of the time I put a bit of cream / creamer in it to take a bit of the edge off. No sugar though.

Rene Ritchie

Old Man Ritchie
Jan 12, 2007
www.about.me
At FrenchPress (local) - wet cappuccino with almond milk
At Starbucks- wet cappuccino with 2 % milk.
At Panera Bread - cappuccino with 2 % milk.
Good Luck

At Starbucks, if they have Clover, and you're a complete coffee snob, try the Clover! It's a giant machine that makes one tiny cup of single origin coffee, but it's ridiculously fun to try!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jobaeit