Rene,

I'm sure you remember those old desert island posts/lists. You can only take 5 things, or you can only have a CD with 10 songs which 10, or only 10 movies etc. I'm thinking something along those lines. Lets take Apple out of the picture. The factory burned down no more iPhones EVER, and now you MUST pick another phone, out of what is currently out there, what do you choose and why?

Rich
    libra89, Tartarus and aximtreo like this.
    01-19-2017 01:59 PM
    Pixel XL would be my only other choice right now.
    pkcable and taylorh like this.
    01-19-2017 02:02 PM
    Soup can with a string

Nothing else appeals to me since they stopped making Palm devices
    Tartarus, pkcable, MB64 and 1 others like this.
    01-19-2017 02:10 PM
    I guess I should answer myself! First off a little background. Folks know that I'm a BlackBerry guy, BUT that is no longer an option, so my primary phone is an iPhone 7 Plus. I'm also firmly in the Mac camp with a 27inch iMac and a 12 inch 2016 Mac Book. I have an iPad Pro 9.7 also. I have other phones, a Google Pixel with DayDream View (which I love), a Microsoft Lumia 950 with Dock which I'm just learning, AND a Huawei Mate 9.

Ok so if I had to give it all up and just use 1, AND the Apple factory is burned down so no iPhone, I would pick.........

The Mate 9! It's a fantastic android phone with a 5.9 inch screen in a 5.5 inch form factor, it really is no bigger than my iPhone 7 Plus! It has a VERY iPhone like feature in that you can swipe down to search, which I LOVE and use daily. It also has a VERY handy lock screen which presents me with interesting news items AND a handy tool belt with a flashlight, voice recorder, calculator etc ALL that can be used without opening the phone. AND opening the phone is SO easy with the back fingerprint scanner! The fingerprint scanner can also be used to access the notifications swipe down IF you so choose and I do! And lastly the battery life is amazing it rivals the iPhone, it may even be better!
    Laura Knotek and aximtreo like this.
    01-19-2017 02:25 PM
    Rene,

I'm sure you remember those old desert island posts/lists. You can only take 5 things, or you can only have a CD with 10 songs which 10, or only 10 movies etc. I'm thinking something along those lines. Lets take Apple out of the picture. The factory burned down no more iPhones EVER, and now you MUST pick another phone, out of what is currently out there, what do you choose and why?

Rich
    Right now, the Google Pixel XL. I've owned one since launch and used it off and on since then. It's close to an iPhone 6s for me — don't hate, Google had to spin and launch something fast, and I'm guessing Pixel 2 will leap ahead! — and I use almost all Google services already.

I still have a huge soft spot for HTC going back to the Treo Pro, and this checks that box as well.

Now, thank goodness this wasn't a MFK type question! (Own, test, drop in a fire?)
    libra89, pkcable, Tartarus and 6 others like this.
    01-19-2017 02:32 PM
    Right now, the Google Pixel XL. I've owned one since launch and used it off and on since then. It's close to an iPhone 6s for me — don't hate, Google had to spin and launch something fast, and I'm guessing Pixel 2 will leap ahead! — and I use almost all Google services already.

I still have a huge soft spot for HTC going back to the Treo Pro, and this checks that box as well.

Now, thank goodness this wasn't a MFK type question! (Own, test, drop in a fire?)
    Oh dang .. I should have looked here before the thread I just created lol. This answered my question.

[Edit] Removed my other thread since you answered it here.
    Tartarus and pkcable like this.
    01-19-2017 03:27 PM
    To be quite honest, I don't know what phone I would use besides my iPhone. I haven't paid any real attention to any other offerings. I've read a little about the Pixel, but not in the manner of being interested in it.
    pkcable and aximtreo like this.
    01-19-2017 05:06 PM
    A simple Motorola phone, like like a Moto X, for basic use, iPhone is THE smart-phone no need to spend much on any others
    pkcable likes this.
    01-19-2017 05:38 PM
    First of all, I'd cry for weeks. Then I'd spend another few weeks in finding second hand iPhone 7 Plus' on the market and if all of them break or become useless over time I'd go with the Google Pixel XL. No Samsung or other android devices because I like my iOS pure without any shell from the manufacturer on it:
    pkcable, mumfoau, DMP89145 and 2 others like this.
    01-19-2017 07:06 PM
    Well if I ever went back to Android again it would be the Xiaomi Mi Mix. The phone is beautiful and pretty good specs.
    pkcable likes this.
    01-19-2017 08:07 PM
    The Pixel XL is really the only non-iPhone smartphone I would consider at this point. It seems less bogged down with bloatware than other Android iterations and it's as close to an iPhone as you can get.
    pkcable and DMP89145 like this.
    01-19-2017 08:21 PM
    If I was going to switch it'd be to a Pixel XL or a Nexus 6P
    pkcable, DMP89145 and aximtreo like this.
    01-20-2017 08:01 AM
    Besides my iPhone, I would use another iPhone. No other phone has shown me enough to peak my interest.
    01-20-2017 09:58 AM
    Besides my iPhone, I would use another iPhone. No other phone has shown me enough to peak my interest.
    The factory burned down, no iPhone, you HAVE to pick something else! Your pants are on fire! Oh wait did you put out the factory fire yourself and are now using one of the salvage phones? lol
    firedept10 likes this.
    01-20-2017 10:54 AM
    The factory burned down, no iPhone, you HAVE to pick something else! Your pants are on fire! Oh wait did you put out the factory fire yourself and are now using one of the salvage phones? lol

I had a little help from friends! But we did manage to find a few iPhones that were water resistant so we're good for now. LOL!!!
    pkcable, Tartarus, MB64 and 1 others like this.
    01-20-2017 11:01 AM
    Since I came from a Nexus 6P, I would go Pixel XL.
    pkcable and DMP89145 like this.
    01-20-2017 04:24 PM
    I'm on the other side of the aisle... iOS is my recreation platform. If I switched platforms (and I feel I could if I had to) iOS wins for me easily.
    pkcable and libra89 like this.
    01-20-2017 07:00 PM
    I'll stick to my iPhone and then look for a way of integrating my iPhone to comply with other os, simply put the iPhone stands!!!!
    pkcable likes this.
    01-20-2017 11:21 PM
    I still have a Nexus 6 & a Nexus 6p ready to leap into action if my iPhone 6s Plus were to go down ... it's not unimaginable that a Pixel XL joins the ranks when the prices drop a little ...
    pkcable and aximtreo like this.
    01-20-2017 11:24 PM

Agree 100%. I had a Pixel XL for brief time before I found a 7 Plus and it's a great phone. I did feel like it was rushed and I am hoping that they take a leap this year with the Pixel 2. Competition and choice are always good things.

Similar feelings about the HTC 10. Lots to like there, but I would still choose the Pixel and ultimately the 7 Plus over it.
    pkcable likes this.
    01-21-2017 06:56 AM
    I move seamlessly between Android and iOS now whenever the mood strikes for that particular day so It'd be easy for me to fire up my HTC 10 on a moments notice.
    pkcable likes this.
    01-21-2017 12:24 PM
    Pixel probably but every time I've tried android over the years I've always come back to iOS. I do miss the BB10 devices. I loved them all.
    MB64 and pkcable like this.
    01-21-2017 12:34 PM
    Pixel probably but every time I've tried android over the years I've always come back to iOS. I do miss the BB10 devices. I loved them all.
    I agree, I've tried galaxy's and for some reason don't stay with them very long. I still have a blackberry passport SE and looking to trade one of my other iPhones for either a dtek 50 or 60 or just wait for the mercury
    eyecrispy and pkcable like this.
    01-21-2017 12:36 PM
    I agree, I've tried galaxy's and for some reason don't stay with them very long. I still have a blackberry passport SE and looking to trade one of my other iPhones for either a dtek 50 or 60 or just wait for the mercury
    I haven't used a BB10 device in awhile. That was one OS I was hoping would take off. Too bad blackberry didn't jump sooner. They came in way too late to compete.
    MB64 and pkcable like this.
    01-21-2017 12:49 PM
    I would go Pixel XL as well. I like stock Android, and as Rene said, HTC. I'm partial to HTC.
    pkcable likes this.
    01-21-2017 01:02 PM
34 12