Howdy all! Chances are you've already read Rene's welcome post, and I'd like to welcome you as well. Having Rene here with his own dedicated forum is amazing for many reasons.

What I'm most excited about is giving YOU the chance to ask Rene any question you might have. Ask him anything. Having worked with Rene for many years now, I can attest to the fact that while he's a foremost expert and authority on Apple, he's insanely smart and knowledgable in many areas. So give it a try. I have a feeling you'll love the answers he provides.

All I ask is you post your question as a new thread. This is really important. We don't want questions getting lost in the mix here. Post a new thread, ask your question, and Rene will be along to answer as soon as he possibly can.

Thanks all!
    01-19-2017 01:51 PM
    Howdy all! Chances are you've already read Rene's welcome post, and I'd like to welcome you as well. Having Rene here with his own dedicated forum is amazing for many reasons.

What I'm most excited about is giving YOU the chance to ask Rene any question you might have. Ask him anything. Having worked with Rene for many years now, I can attest to the fact that while he's a foremost expert and authority on Apple, he's insanely smart and knowledgable in many areas. So give it a try. I have a feeling you'll love the answers he provides.

All I ask is you post your question as a new thread. This is really important. We don't want questions getting lost in the mix here. Post a new thread, ask your question, and Rene will be along to answer as soon as he possibly can.

Thanks all!
    How can I easily find "Ask René" in my iMore App on my iPhone?
    01-20-2017 01:39 PM
    How can I easily find "Ask René" in my iMore App on my iPhone?
    It's under "iMore Community Discussions".
    01-20-2017 01:41 PM
    I'm completely new to using forums, so forgive me if this is about the stupidest question out there. But how do you form a new thread? Obviously I'm just not seeing it, but all I see are replies.
    01-26-2017 10:41 AM
    I'm completely new to using forums, so forgive me if this is about the stupidest question out there. But how do you form a new thread? Obviously I'm just not seeing it, but all I see are replies.
    Not a stupid question at all!

Go to the forum you want to post in. In this case, the Ask Rene Forum.

At the top left you should see a 'post new thread' button. Click that.

From there you should be able to enter a thread title, and enter your question in the description.

Let me know if this helps. If you're on mobile or one of our apps the process is a little different, but mostly the same (just a different layout).

Standing by to help! And welcome to the iMore forums!
    01-26-2017 10:46 AM
    Are we free to answer a question if we know the answer?
    01-26-2017 11:24 AM
    I'm not seeing the Post New Thread in top left hand corner as you said. Using Windows 10 IE Explorer.
    01-26-2017 12:54 PM
    In TapaTalk, new topic is at the bottom.
    01-26-2017 02:35 PM
    02-08-2017 05:29 PM