What will you buy: Iphone 7 or iphone 6s plus? Similar price

mmedez

Aug 7, 2014
Visit site
If you have $649 and looking for a new iphone, what will you choose between iphone 7 or iphone 6s plus? Both models have their advantages over the other.

Advantage:

Iphone 6s plus:
- longer life, bigger screen

Iphone 7:
- faster processor, new features(wateproof), longer software support.

Let me know what you think.

Matty

Trusted Member
May 24, 2014
Visit site
Hey mmedez! Thanks for the question 😃

Personally for me, I would take the iPhone 6s Plus. Having a bigger screen and longer battery life is more important to me than a faster processor and water proofing (while great).

I would like the improved camera, longer software support and waterproofing on the iPhone 7 but the bigger screen and longer battery life wins it for me since I'm on my phone a lot.

mmedez

Aug 7, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for sharing. Im still rocking a 5s (because it still darn good at 10.3.2). Tho been considering upgrading my phone for some time now. Its been difficult choosing between the two. Ur suggestion will help a lot.

Matty

Trusted Member
May 24, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for sharing. Im still rocking a 5s (because it still darn good at 10.3.2). Tho been considering upgrading my phone for some time now. Its been difficult choosing between the two. Ur suggestion will help a lot.

If you are happy with the size of the 5s, then the iPhone 7 might be the device for you. It's got a little bigger screen (while still remaining compact) which means the keyboard is bigger to type on and that makes things a little easier. I'm not sure if battery life means a lot to you but the 7 will definitely last longer than your 5s is currently lasting 😃

If you want to, let us know what your final decision is.

mmedez

Aug 7, 2014
Visit site
Thanks matty. Im fine with the screen size of the 5s since im mostly using my phone for communication only (calls,sms,messenger,etc). I do video consumption on my laptop. But the bigger battery of th 6s plus is tempting as I heard the plus sized models can last a day with 1 charge. So its really weighing the advantages.

timee80

May 30, 2015
Visit site
My 6s plus easily lasts a day and I'm an internet savage on my phone. It beats most of the android phones I've had easily. I've never had a 7 but a friends doesn't seem to last that long. Bear in mind that you will use your phone more that you currently do when you get a bigger screen, because you can comfortably do so much more with more screen real estate.

mmedez

Aug 7, 2014
Visit site
Thata a very good observation @timee80. The more screen estate, the more you can do. That is why i never felt comfortable watching videos on my 5s. I think 1 major reason for stickkng with my 5s is pocketability and software (still smooth at 10.3.2). Thats why its always a tough deicision to choose a new phone

timee80

May 30, 2015
Visit site
Everything becomes pocketable if you just give it a chance. I've used a Sony z ultra and xiaomi mi max for many months previously ( both have a 6.4" screen) and you'd be surprised what you can actually carry. When you've had a big phone you'll never go back to small, I promise you

mmedez

Aug 7, 2014
Visit site
I think thats a possibility @timee80. Good things smartphones are increasing screen estate while maintaining phone dimension. I always wanted a balance between that. Probably its the iphone 8.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
If you have $649 and looking for a new iphone, what will you choose between iphone 7 or iphone 6s plus? Both models have their advantages over the other.

Advantage:

Iphone 6s plus:
- longer life, bigger screen

Iphone 7:
- faster processor, new features(wateproof), longer software support.

Let me know what you think.

If it were me, I'd get the latest model, and being that I've had both the iPhone 6S Plus and the iPhone 7, I'd get the iPhone 7. It's larger than an iPhone 5S, but smaller than the plus size. In my opinion, it's the perfect size, but that's Just Me, D...

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
If it were me, I'd get the latest model, and being that I've had both the iPhone 6S Plus and the iPhone 7, I'd get the iPhone 7. It's larger than an iPhone 5S, but smaller than the plus size. In my opinion, it's the perfect size, but that's Just Me, D...

I'm with JustMeD on this one anyway...LOL. Get the latest, greatest iPhone 7, especially coming from a 5s I feel as though you would still enjoy the larger screen.

timee80

May 30, 2015
Visit site

And were you happy with the 7's battery life? How much longer will the plus last?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Yes, I was. It was honestly on par with my iPhone 6S Plus, but it also depended on my usage.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711