Forwarding calls and texts

MB64

Trusted Member
Feb 6, 2014
Visit site
Last night I found out that I can forward text messages to another phone. I thought you could just forward calls. Is that just an iPhone thing or can you do that with android as well?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I've known about the forwarding text messages for a while, but since I've not used any other smartphone except an iPhone for the past 6 or 7 years, I can only assume other OSes have the same capability.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Can you do it from android to iPhone?

There is on Samsung. It's basically done the same as on iPhone.
Select the message thread that contains the individual message you want to forward.
Tap and hold your finger on the message you wish to forward.
A “Message options” menu will appear. Tap “Forward“.
A screen will appear where you can send the message to a new recipient Tap the contacts card or enter the phone number in the “Enter recipient” field. Modify the message as you like, then tap the “Send” button (envelope and arrow) when ready.

MB64

Trusted Member
Feb 6, 2014
Visit site
I guess that's correct. Since I'm getting texts from a forwarded number, is like to respond from the number they are messaging to

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I guess that's correct. Since I'm getting texts from a forwarded number, is like to respond from the number they are messaging to

Sorry, but I still don't understand what your saying. Are you saying you're receiving text to another of your phones that has no number? And you want to reply with that phone? If so, I can show you how. I think. I can do it with 2 iPhones. Not sure about Android.

MB64

Trusted Member
Feb 6, 2014
Visit site
I have two active phones, 2 different numbers. When I receive a text that is being forwarded from the second and I respond, it seems to show that I'm responding from the second line. I tried it out with my wife. But if I am initiating a text and I want to use the number from that 2nd line on my main phone, can I??

MB64

Trusted Member
Feb 6, 2014
Visit site
Ok, so work phone and daily driver.....I want my phone calls and texts from my work phone to be forwarded to my daily driver. The calls I get, no issues there. But the texts.....I'll get texts from my work phone on BOTH phones....question is....can i answer from my daily driver to make it look like I'm texting fr m my job phone?

MB64

Trusted Member
Feb 6, 2014
Visit site
I mean I guess there would be no issue on the senders side because as long as they send to my work phone I can respond. Even though it'll show my personal number, not he work phone. Is that right ?

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
What do you mean by "forwarded from the second"? Do you mean forwarded to the second? Who's doing the forwarding? You or someone else? You get a text on the second phone and you reply on the second phone? I still don't understand what you're doing. As far as the last part, I don't know of a way.

MB64

Trusted Member
Feb 6, 2014
Visit site
86896b902fa7b16e73039c1bf4db8968.png

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox