i've had my nose pierced for about 6-8 weeks. recently i was looking at it and noticed a red, almost scar tissue looking piece of skin coming out of it. what is it?? is my nose infected, and how do i fix it?
    05-10-2017 09:35 PM
  2. firedept10 said: Best Answer

As an EMT I'm not going to be able to tell you if it is infected or not. What I will offer you is some advice. Go see your doctor as only they can diagnose what could be wrong with your piercing.
    If your nose was infected it would be green not red... maybe you should ask your doctor?
    aximtreo likes this.
    05-10-2017 09:43 PM
    As an EMT I'm not going to be able to tell you if it is infected or not. What I will offer you is some advice. Go see your doctor as only they can diagnose what could be wrong with your piercing.
    taz323 and aximtreo like this.
    05-10-2017 11:00 PM
    I'm no medical professional either but I doubt it'd take 6-8 for an infection to show up. Go and see you doctor but I don't think you have anything to worry about.
    05-10-2017 11:15 PM
    Depending on your age, take out the nose ring; get married; you then have an invisible one that you don't have to worry about.

Seriously, clean the area good with alcohol and put some Neosporin on it. In a couple of days if it isn't better, see your Dr.
    firedept10 likes this.
    05-11-2017 08:34 AM
    Depending on your age, take out the nose ring; get married; you then have an invisible one that you don't have to worry about.
    Too funny!
    05-11-2017 12:47 PM
    24 years on the 22nd. :-)

Seriously, time to visit the good 'ol doc.
    aximtreo likes this.
    05-11-2017 01:08 PM
    24 years on the 22nd. :-)

Seriously, time to visit the good 'ol doc.
    27 on first and 26 on second. You would think we would have it right wouldn't you. LOL
    05-11-2017 01:52 PM
    This. Go see a doctor.
    firedept10 likes this.
    05-11-2017 04:55 PM
    Welcome to iMore! This is not a topic we generally cover, as we are an Apple and related products fan site. As others have suggested for this issues you are best off seeking qualified medical advise from your family doctor, urgent care, or clinic.
    Annie_i6s likes this.
    05-12-2017 07:37 AM
    i've had my nose pierced for about 6-8 weeks. recently i was looking at it and noticed a red, almost scar tissue looking piece of skin coming out of it. what is it?? is my nose infected, and how do i fix it?
    Just sounds like excess skin, make sure you're still doing your sea salt soaks and massages, don't want that to turn into a keloid. I wouldn't go to the doctor unless a keloid started to form.
    05-12-2017 10:34 AM

Seriously, clean the area good with alcohol and put some Neosporin on it. In a couple of days if it isn't better, see your Dr.
    Neosporin is a nono lol, neo will make it infected
    nikkisharif likes this.
    05-12-2017 10:37 AM
    Neosporin is a nono lol, neo will make it infected
    Learn something new every day. I've used this on skin sores for many years with no problems. Thanks for the heads up.
    05-12-2017 11:55 AM
    As a medical profession and someone with tons of piercing experience, go to your piercer first (hopefully it's someone licensed & not a mall kiosk). Going to a doctor's office will result in them telling you to take it out, which if it in infected could get much worse with friction. Doctor's are good but a PCP is not well versed in cleaning piercings and you might have just used the wrong stuff or irritated it by cleaning too much.
    MooMooPrincess likes this.
    05-12-2017 04:29 PM
    As a medical profession and someone with tons of piercing experience, go to your piercer first (hopefully it's someone licensed & not a mall kiosk). Going to a doctor's office will result in them telling you to take it out, which if it in infected could get much worse with friction. Doctor's are good but a PCP is not well versed in cleaning piercings and you might have just used the wrong stuff or irritated it by cleaning too much.
    Yup i noticed when people don't do their sea salt soaks and massages things like that tend to happen oh and using bactine more than 1-2x a week
    05-12-2017 05:21 PM
    Yup i noticed when people don't do their sea salt soaks and massages things like that tend to happen oh and using bactine more than 1-2x a week
    Exactly!! Washing away all the good bacteria.
    MooMooPrincess likes this.
    05-12-2017 05:35 PM
    This. Go see a doctor.
    Perhaps a different kind of doctor?
    iMore folks have some difficulties to answer your question. But I recognize that you came to "Get help" section.
    05-12-2017 09:01 PM
    I have to ask why this off-topic thread is being allowed to continue (or at least be moved to off-topic). ??

Much like the "Has Spring Arrived" thread.

The moderators here do a great job, but this makes no sense.
    05-12-2017 09:15 PM
    Thread closed
    pkcable likes this.
    05-12-2017 10:08 PM