iPhone mute switch

I

iMore Question

How durable is the mute switch? How much can it handle before it starts to loose and mess up? Or is it built to last long?

Also just for curiosity what happens if you push the switch up and down rapidly? iPhone 5s

anon(9602380)

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site
Welcome to iMore.

I've had many iPhone's over the years and have never had any issues with the mute switch. Had both the 5 & 5s.

lemony0

Jan 24, 2017
Visit site
Apple's built quality is second to none. Obviously things break from time to time but the mute switch isn't used more than a few times a day by most people anyway.

Matty

Trusted Member
May 24, 2014
Visit site
Warm Welcome to iMore! :D Thanks for the question.

Also just for curiosity what happens if you push the switch up and down rapidly?

The phone will go into silent mode and back to ring mode rapidly :D On a serious note though, Apple do a lot of testing for their devices and I'm sure they tested that if you used that switch 10 times a day for 2 years it would still work. Apple make some quality hardware and i personally think its built to last. Hope you enjoy your iPhone 5s. :)

spantch101

Trusted Member
May 2, 2017
Visit site
I have never seen an iPhone with mute button issues. I'd say they were very durable. From the 4 to the 6s never had an issue

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner