What device is this?
    05-06-2017 07:42 AM
    What device is this?
    iPhone SE
    05-06-2017 07:51 AM
    iPhone SE
    How long have you had it?
    How did you use it?
    Was there any case at any certain point on the device?
    How often did you use it?

From the picture I can't really tell, but it doesn't look like the iPhone has many and thick scratches in it.

I wouldn't worry if I were you.
    05-06-2017 08:03 AM
    Bit hard to capture on camera, but hope you know what I'm talking about
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	TW17nnY.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	165.9 KB 
ID:	118077
    In that photo, I can't get a clear pic of what I'm suppose to be looking at. Having said that, if it's minor scrapes or scratches then it could be "normal wear and tear", depending on how you handle the device and whether or not you protect it with a case of some sort.
    05-06-2017 08:20 AM
    In that photo, I can't get a clear pic of what I'm suppose to be looking at. Having said that, if it's minor scrapes or scratches then it could be "normal wear and tear", depending on how you handle the device and whether or not you protect it with a case of some sort.
    It's within the red region, but it's impossible to see during normal usage
    05-06-2017 08:22 AM
    How long have you had it?
    How did you use it?
    Was there any case at any certain point on the device?
    How often did you use it?

From the picture I can't really tell, but it doesn't look like the iPhone has many and thick scratches in it.

I wouldn't worry if I were you.
    2 months, with leather case, pretty frequently. I can't see these scratches during normal usage only if you shine it under flash
    05-06-2017 08:22 AM
    It's within the red region, but it's impossible to see during normal usage
    It's probably from putting on and removing of the protective case, but I cant say for certain. Still, if it's just very a minor cosmetic thing, I wouldn't worry about it.
    05-06-2017 09:04 AM
    Try cleaning the screen well, then Buff it with a microfiber cloth.
    05-06-2017 09:14 AM
    It looks to me like a general scratch. Could be from many things. Maybe from a case, maybe from a surface you put the phone down on. Maybe even some sand got into the case and rubbed a bit? I wouldn't stress too much about it. Seems quite small.

If you are able to take a better picture it may help a little.
    05-06-2017 10:09 AM
    Can't really get a good look but in most cases micro scratches would be considered normal wear and tear.
    05-06-2017 11:30 AM
    I mean you can only see it under the sun or something. During normal use I can feel it through my fingernail but just looking at it normally it looks 100% perfect condition
    05-06-2017 12:43 PM
    Is that the back? Or the screen? I can't really tell.
    05-06-2017 12:52 PM
    Is that the back? Or the screen? I can't really tell.
    Screen
    05-06-2017 01:39 PM
    Screen
    Are you using a screen protector? If not, plenty of items encountered daily can scratch the screen. Putting the phone in a pocket or bag with items like keys, coins, etc. sliding the phone screen down in to jeans. Putting the phone face down on rough surfaces (concrete, tile, counter tops)

I'd highly recommend a quality screen protector from day one, or a folio-style case that offers screen protection whenever the phone is not in use.
    05-06-2017 02:17 PM
    Are you using a screen protector? If not, plenty of items encountered daily can scratch the screen. Putting the phone in a pocket or bag with items like keys, coins, etc. sliding the phone screen down in to jeans. Putting the phone face down on rough surfaces (concrete, tile, counter tops)

I'd highly recommend a quality screen protector from day one, or a folio-style case that offers screen protection whenever the phone is not in use.
    Do you think they're just oleophobic scratches though?
    05-07-2017 12:16 AM
    I mean you can only see it under the sun or something. During normal use I can feel it through my fingernail but just looking at it normally it looks 100% perfect condition
    Why are you asking a question about it, then? What exactly are you concerned about?
    05-07-2017 06:20 AM
    Why are you asking a question about it, then? What exactly are you concerned about?
    That if it's a part of normal wear and tear because I didn't drop it at all or use it roughly.
    05-07-2017 06:26 AM
    Do you think they're just oleophobic scratches though?
    I doubt it. That coating is incredibly thin, and if you can feel the scratches with your fingernail, they're deeper than the coating.

That if it's a part of normal wear and tear because I didn't drop it at all or use it roughly.
    As I said, depending how you carry the phone, then yes it could be part of normal wear and tear. If you've carried the phone in a pocket/purse/bag with other items (like keys, spare change, etc etc) that could strike or rub against the screen, if you routinely rest the phone face down on surfaces like concrete, asphalt, rough tile, sand, or unfinished wood...

Put a screen protector on it.
    05-07-2017 11:57 AM
    I doubt it. That coating is incredibly thin, and if you can feel the scratches with your fingernail, they're deeper than the coating.

As I said, depending how you carry the phone, then yes it could be part of normal wear and tear. If you've carried the phone in a pocket/purse/bag with other items (like keys, spare change, etc etc) that could strike or rub against the screen, if you routinely rest the phone face down on surfaces like concrete, asphalt, rough tile, sand, or unfinished wood...

Put a screen protector on it.
    Thanks for your response I'll get a screen protector soon. But what do you call the scratches that you can't see under normal usage unless you put it under a light, and can feel it faintly? It's possible to scratch the screen with your fingernail even a little bit?

Don't worry I'll get a protector soon.
    05-08-2017 01:32 AM
    It all depends on how you feel about the state of your device. I have all the phones in perfect condition, from the store. But her husband, after 1 month of his smartphone is like something that survived the war.
    05-08-2017 03:33 AM
    The screen is glass. Treated, Gorilla Glass... but still glass. And just about anything can scratch glass, given enough force, sharp edges, and hardness. The harder/sharper the material, the less force it will take for that material to scratch the glass.
    05-08-2017 10:29 AM
    Scratches on glass is normal. It's normal wear. If you use your device "naked" you will see these micro scratches. They don't affect useage, and are only noticeable in certain lighting. Therefore nothing to worry about . I'm confused to what you thought about them, have you not looked at a window on your car? Or your house. Almost all glass that is exposed to touches from practically anything will have some sort of scratching. Anyways. I took my screen protector off my phone a week ago and I already see the same types of scratches if angled toward light
    05-12-2017 02:10 PM