Seagate backup & external storage drives

anon(9602380)

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site
Re: Seagate backup & external storage drives

I have extensive knowledge with Seagate external drives. They are a fantastic drive. I use both their external and Personal Cloud drives. Never had an issue with them. Love them. You really won't go wrong if you're using them for backing up your computer.

Abu Khadija

Oct 19, 2016
Visit site
I have about 85gb of iTunes movies on my Mac. Thinking about getting this and also putting them on the iCloud just in case. I have about 200gb on the cloud just sitting there. Also is the seagate password protected?

anon(9602380)

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site
I have about 85gb of iTunes movies on my Mac. Thinking about getting this and also putting them on the iCloud just in case. I have about 200gb on the cloud just sitting there. Also is the seagate password protected?
No problem. I have close to 1100 movies on my one Seagate drive. Yes they can be encrypted.

Abu Khadija

Oct 19, 2016
Visit site
Seagate backup & external storage drives

I've seen some bad reviews on bestbuy's site about these. Wondering if the LaCie that are on Apple's website might be better. Target had I think the 1 or 2TB Seagate on sale last week for about $60 I think.

Update: The Seagate backup slim with 2TB is still on sale at Target for about $70. Might have to get it this week. Probably put my movies and stuff on it and the iCloud for backup just in case. Don't see these on Apple's website anymore but their supposed to be good with Macs. I think you just have to download the drivers.

Last edited:

Abu Khadija

Oct 19, 2016
Visit site
Another question is can you use this with the 12.9" iPad Pro? If not than I'll probably have to use the 15" Mac as a go between.

Thanks for the advice and help.

Abu Khadija

Oct 19, 2016
Visit site
Is anyone using the WD Passport? Wondering if this is better than seagate because of the password protection. I'm not concerned about someone taking it because personally I don't think it will happen. If it does then they would have to take it out of my hands. I don't see how either one would be able to get hacked, but maybe they can.

Looked on the net on both of them and I think seagate might be my best choice.

anon(9602380)

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site
Good choice. Both are comparable in cost. Seagate is a great drive. Comes with some good software as well. I would download Seagate Dashboard from their site for managing the drive.