iTunes 13/WWDC

I

iMore Question

Hi who thinks Apple will drastically overhaul iTunes come WWDC or even have 2 separate apps similar to iOS an iTunes store app and Apple music app. I heard rumours of an "Apple Music" Store

iTunes needs a bad redesign in my opinion

what do you guys think

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
I'm all for unity. I have no issues in using iTunes whatsoever. It does what I want from it and I like it for what it is.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I really haven't given it any thought, to be quite honest. I mean, the only time I use iTunes is when I do an iTunes backup. I don't burn any CDs any more so my iTunes use has dwindled to the level of rarely use. Anyway, hopefully others who have given it more thought will reply soon.

May 11, 2010
Visit site
I'm all for unity. I have no issues in using iTunes whatsoever. It does what I want from it and I like it for what it is.

I agree. I have a massive music library and sizable movie, TV, and other libraries—and iTunes manages them all well.

Sure, there's always room for refinement. I have quibbles (e.g., the annoyance of having to click to choose, when searching, between "My Library" or "Apple Music"; and the fact that the Year field in the Song list can't be pop-edited).

But is it in need of an "overhaul"? In my opinion, no. iTunes 12 was an overhaul, and it generally works quite well. :)

Matty

Trusted Member
May 24, 2014
Visit site
I recently heard that iTunes was launching in the Windows mobile store, so that's pretty positive for Windows users. They might announce that at WWDC.

With regards to a new iTunes version. I'm quite happy where we are. We get caught up in this, 'we need a new version because it's a new year' nonsense. If Apple just make fine improvements here and there, I'll be happy 😃

samduffy

Apr 21, 2016
Visit site
Yeah I like me iTunes too and it works well but there's still a few bugs here and there. I just think a ui enhancement would be nice but yes I agree overall it's great

At least it's not Spotify

99 problems but Spotify ain't 1 lol

samduffy

Apr 21, 2016
Visit site
Yeah. I heard they're going to rebrand iTunes as Apple Music and the iTunes Store will become Apple Music store so maybe that might happen

Matty

Trusted Member
May 24, 2014
Visit site
Yeah. I heard they're going to rebrand iTunes as Apple Music and the iTunes Store will become Apple Music store so maybe that might happen
Interesting, I did hear some whispers about this. I also saw that Apple re-branded the iTunes Podcasts directory as Apple Podcasts and included new badges for publishers to use. So this whole rebrand thing might actually be true.

But I like iTunes 😶

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2