Hi has anyone else noticed when a Location based reminder is set up either using Siri or the Reminders app itself that when you actually arrive at the location you scheduled in the reminder that it doesnt notify you. Happened to me and lots of others in iOS 10 according to the Apple Forums.

Ive done all the basics etc Any hints or advice how to get them working properly. They worked 2 times in total today but then every other location reminder I had for example " Remind me to call my friend when I arrive Home" Siri says "Ok ill remind you when you arrive at home" but when I get home i dont get that reminder. Also if I say "Remind me to do my college work when I arrive at Starbucks" again siri says it will remind me when I arrive but when I get to Starbucks I dont get that reminder.

Thanks
    04-29-2017 03:47 PM
    Somehow the location services don't get updated that often in the background in itself. I really hope Apple gets this sorted out because the idea of Location Based Reminders are good, but the execution is flawed.
    04-29-2017 04:10 PM
    It's been a while since I've used location-based reminders and I was only using them for testing purposes. I highly doubt I've used any since upgrading to iOS 10. Anyway, in my experience, the feature worked well, but was not as accurate as I had hoped. I mean on occasion, I would be well inside the radius before I'd get a notification.
    Tartarus likes this.
    04-29-2017 08:11 PM
    Yeah tarturus it's all over the forums as a big problem
    04-30-2017 11:14 AM
    It seems to be broken in iOS a lot of people are complaining about it on apples forums. It worked twice for me but that's it when I get to a location it doesn't notify me

Thanks
    04-30-2017 11:17 AM