Overriding restrictions password

daveybur108

Jul 22, 2016
Visit site
Hello
My teen has an iPhone on which she has certain restrictions I have set.

After looking online there are various websites who appear to offer simple ways to overide the restrictions passcode.

For example this site

[redacted]

Does anyone know if its really so easy? I would have thought apple would have made this near impossible?

If this works how can I stop this?

Thankd

Last edited by a moderator:

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I haven't tried that process so don't know how well it works but from the comments it looks like some have used it.

If it does work, the things I'd think of are:
  1. Periodic phone inspections to make sure restrictions are still set (and check the code is the same as YOU set it originally). Easier said than done, I know (I have a teen, too)
  2. 2. Does your teen have access to a computer? If you have one in the home, have an admin lock on installing programs. Of course you can't prevent this at a friend's house.

Where there's a will, there's a way, unfortunately.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
OP, I removed the link to the site you referenced because it is a favorite advertising site of spammers. To answer the thread question, overriding the restrictions passcode typically cannot be done without erasing the contents of the device. As stated above, be a parent and make periodic checks of your child's device. I assume you bought it and are paying the cell bill.

daveybur108

Jul 22, 2016
Visit site
Hi Robert and Justmedee

Thank you very much for helping.

We only have a family PC at home so no problem but like you say they can do it at friends.

It seems there is an option to recover the restrictions pass code so harder to know if they did this even with me checking the phone.

Looking at this it appears you need to back up the device on iTunes before using the crack and the back up has to be unencrypted.

1)My daughter doesn't have the iTunes password. Could she still access the device for back up without the iTunes password?

2)If I encrypt backup would that make a difference?

3)Is there a way to stop the device being backed up or restored without my consent?

Most appreciated :)

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
The advice already posted seems like good advice. I think if your teen is going above and beyond to circumvent the restrictions you have in place, there may be a larger issue here that indicates maybe they don't need such a smart device. I've moved towards the side of explaining to my teen that they have my trust in their smartphone use. Once that is broken...the flip phone in the drawer gets activated.

In regards to over-riding the passcode restrictions...if you've got the Apple ID and the passcode information set and only YOU know it, your child would have to work pretty hard to get around that. And if they can do that, there's really nothing you can do to prevent it.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I question the legitimacy of the program because in order to get rid of the restrictions passcode, you have to erased the device. If a program dictates that a backup be made then it intends to erase the device. Restoring the device with the backup also restores the restrictions passcode. Furthermore, Apple is very good at patching security issues.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
1)My daughter doesn't have the iTunes password. Could she still access the device for back up without the iTunes password?

2)If I encrypt backup would that make a difference?

3)Is there a way to stop the device being backed up or restored without my consent?

Most appreciated :)

1. yes but just can't buy anything
2. it would but only unless another backup was made
3. only if you put a password on the computer that she doesn't know so she can't access it. you could set up another user on the machine for her to use and not install iTunes on that login.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods