So I have an iPhone SE; the other day, I woke up and it was stuck in "headphones" mode. I tried everything from a hard reset to cleaning out the headphone jack. I also noticed it had periods of time where it wouldn't charge at all, but that didn't last long. Eventually, I got it unstuck from headphones mode (unintentionally, I might add) but the sound wasn't and still isn't clear. It sounds low-quality and muffled, basically as if i was covering the speaker with my hand.

I may have spilled some food on it the night before i started having the problems.

I'm completely stumped though on this speaker issue, i tried dipping a q-tip in rubbing alcohol, using a toothbrush, using a wire brush, and a toothpick to try and clean the speaker, but to no avail... Someone please tell me i can fix it myself... thanks

Jake
    04-25-2017 03:48 AM
    Welcome to the iMore Forums if you can't find the fix on your own you can take it to the Apple Genius Bar and they can see what's going on. Another Question did you drop any type of water on the device
    04-25-2017 07:08 AM
    I had that problem with my 5. Apple ended up replacing it.
    04-26-2017 01:26 PM